Lowdown on Off-road parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
    pretty pleased with my hankook dyna pro a/t. just over 500 bucks for a set on my burb. hard to beat at that price
    Damn that’s cheap. I can’t even get one of mine for that.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
      Damn that’s cheap. I can’t even get one of mine for that.
      hah, yeah well this is for a 265/17. what do you have, 40+?

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
        hah, yeah well this is for a 265/17. what do you have, 40+?
        Ya. I have a set of 40” Toyos that I gave $530 each for, and that was the best deal I could find. I also have a set of of Pitbull 41.5” that are normally $730 each, but I got them during a 50% off sale. I run 5 of each so I can have a full size spare.

Putting that in writing makes me feel foolish and depressed! But, the smile that I get bombing down a rough trail or climbing up a big rock ledge makes it all worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
          I can't make it in Feb, but if anyone wants to go in March or April, I'll be ready! I've just got the stock crappy Michelin's right now, not ideal for off road, but ain't gonna pony up big bucks yet for new ones. Thinking of the K02's also.
          I have 285/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers on my truck that have done well. Although I haven't been through a lot, they have done well through two trips in Colorado and New Mexico and a couple of small mud trails here locally. Only place I had even a hint of trouble was in the sand at Great Sand Dunes National Park. I had some mud tires on here from when I bought it but they were to noisy for me on the highway and vibrated to much.

I was going to get the KO2's but they cost more than the Nitto's and I actually found a mail in rebate for them so that's what I went with. $317 each, $1580 mounted, balanced, and road hazard for the set and I got a $100 in rebate on top of that. The KO2's were about $20 more per tire.

Comment

Good 'Ole 35x12.50x17 for me.. I like the MT's I run but they wear really fast.

I'm thinking of switching over to the new KM3's but that probably wouldn't be until May or so.. Still have a few thousand miles in my current tires so will keep them through Moab in April.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
              9th sounds good.

I’ve heard their camping is essentially in a parking lot. Also, no fires. LBJ Grasslands is only 15 minutes away and has free dispersed camping. There are also some places to camp here in Runaway Bay, but I haven’t tried them out, either. That’s like 7 minutes from the park.
              Yeah, it is just the dirt parking lot and there will probably be a lot of other people. LBJ is definitely a better option. That said, I won't be camping this time.. Just a day trip for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                Yeah, it is just the dirt parking lot and there will probably be a lot of other people. LBJ is definitely a better option. That said, I won't be camping this time.. Just a day trip for me.
                Good to know. As long as we aren't meeting at crack of dawn, I'll just roll out in the morning and grab something to eat along the way.

Comment

You guys can spend the night. We’ll have popcorn and cookies and stay up late playing Mike Tyson’s Punch Out! Maybe we’ll even prank call GC2!

Comment

I think I might be in. Depending on the time and all. Are you all planning to go if it's raining?

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                      I think I might be in. Depending on the time and all. Are you all planning to go if it's raining?
                      I believe we were in agreement that if it's raining, we would not go.

Comment

I’d rather not go in the rain, if we can help it.

Comment

Is there a date yet?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                            Is there a date yet?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                            We talked about Feb 9 or 10. I’m cool with either of those, but would also be cool if we want to push it to a later weekend in Feb. The list of things I need to do to my truck is growing, but I’m pretty sure I can get it buttoned up good enough to run some trails, whenever.

Comment

9'th would work for me, otherwise I'm out the 10'th and the following weekend.

Comment

What, rain would make it more fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X