No announcement yet.

Classic car roll call. Post 'em up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to be a long time before mine sees paint.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      There are a couple of gloss indicators. That's why God made sandpaper and buffers.
      What color will the roof be?

Comment

Hopefully something with flake in it

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
          What color will the roof be?
          '10-14 Ford Sterling Gray Metallic

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
          Hopefully something with flake in it
          Nah, no flake on this one. IMO a lot of times metalflake comes off as 'trying too hard' and I just want this car to be cool on its own. SGM is pretty gritty and has a lot of action in the sun, but it's nothing like flake.

Last edited by 46Tbird; 02-27-2019, 11:08 AM.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46tbird View Post
            nah, no flake on this one. Imo a lot of times metalflake comes off as 'trying too hard'
            How dare you?!

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
              How dare you?!
              LOL, it is the cats pajamas on some builds, but not all.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

That looks great.

Comment

Holy shit, that's gorgeous.

Comment

Wow that came out very nice Danny...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

Nah, no flake on this one. IMO a lot of times metalflake comes off as 'trying too hard' and I just want this car to be cool on its own. SGM is pretty gritty and has a lot of action in the sun, but it's nothing like flake.

Looks amazing, great job!

Comment

• Looks great Danny. But thanks for reminding me I have too many projects and nothing nice. haha

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

Holy shit that is a sexy ride!!
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• That's going to be spectacular Danny.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                              Well you've got what... several years before that's legal? Can't remember the number.
                              20 years for Classic registration and no real advantage that I remember

25 years for Antique, no inspection, only 1 license plate, no insurance required to register it, but it's not supposed to be driven on the roads. It's meant for car shows, parades, to and from being serviced or worked on. My 82 regal carried antique registration from 2008 until the day I sold it as a roller. I also has an 81 Chevy 3/4 ton that carried Antique.

The tag is good for 5 years, but it revolves around the states 5 years. 2008, 2013, 2018, etc. If you register 1 today as antique, the plate will be due again in 2023.

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                                20 years for Classic registration and no real advantage that I remember

25 years for Antique, no inspection, only 1 license plate, no insurance required to register it, but it's not supposed to be driven on the roads. It's meant for car shows, parades, to and from being serviced or worked on. My 82 regal carried antique registration from 2008 until the day I sold it as a roller. I also has an 81 Chevy 3/4 ton that carried Antique.

The tag is good for 5 years, but it revolves around the states 5 years. 2008, 2013, 2018, etc. If you register 1 today as antique, the plate will be due again in 2023.
                                They must've messed up when I re-registered my Cougar yesterday. They had been expired since 3/18, and the new sticker is good until 3/24. I'll take that as a win.

Comment

Working...
                                X