Can this be saved without a respray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this be saved without a respray?

So, let me start of by saying that all small Spawn of Satan children in my neighborhood should die.

GF told me that a week or two ago, the kids were playing at our house, and the game of hide and seek spilled over into the garage. No big deal, right?

Now, fast forward to yesterday, I'm backing the Challenger out to do a little work on the passenger side window (slipped off the track again). Get it in the right spot, walk around behind the car to get some tools, and see this little masterpiece -

So, yes, I erupt in a semi-serious fit of rage for a bit. Loud enough that there will be no children anywhere near my place for months to come.

So, the question, can this be saved without a respray? It's deep in spots, light on others, but not to the metal or even the primer, at least it doesn't look like it. I got some of the paint that they sprayed the car with. NASON Ful-Base base coat, and NASON SelectClear 2K Urethane HS clearcoat, so it looks like a decent basecoat/clearcoat job.

So, maybe some 2000-2500 grit to remove the scratches and then buff out for some shine?

I know exactly nothing about paint, so I will defer to the guru's for advise. Also, would anyone here like to tackle the job, or at least look at it and then decide?

Drag your fingernail across the scratches. If your nail catches on them, it's too far gone and going to need a respray.

Comment

That's what I was afraid of. Oh well, maybe time to go back to the original GF7 then.

Comment

Depending on if you can get the paint matched in a touch up kit it might be able to be saved.
        www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Comment

English color will match the paint if you don't have the code
          WRX

Comment

you can fine guys who will spot blend that with an air brush

Comment

My idea was fill in the scratches and sand it smooth.
              www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Comment

Looks like a total loss. Before you salvage it, I'll give you $1000.

Comment

It needs to be blocked out and primed then blocked again, prepped, then painted. It could be done in 2 days. Fix and prime one day then prepped and painted the next. The real question is if there is a place to blend the clear on the sail panel so you don't have to clear the roof and the other quarter(the right way to do it). If you are close to Rockwall send me a pm and I'll look at it for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X