Is Texas real estate slowing down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Texas real estate slowing down?

Like the title...has anyone noticed a slow down in texas real estate lately? Maybe prices have just caught up to demand so the frenzy has fallen off? I ask for a few reasons:

-Interest rates are still very low despite projections that they would go up early to mid 2015

- i have some friends that have had their offers accepted even though they offered asking on a few occasions

- i also have some friends selling a house in the same area that we sold in october of last year and they still havent gotten an offer despite us gettin several the first day. Actually they havent even had that many showings.

- many of the houses in my new neighborhood havent sold in a few months, and it was selling very rapidly last year around this time.

Depends on the area. I could probably sell my house in a day. The houses down here are selling like hotcakes and for a good price. Waxahachie is growing like crazy.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Have you not seen the million of new houses being built?

Comment

It always drops some after school starts but it seems like its dropped even more lately. have a house listed right now in Krum(not a huge market) but looked up the showings the other day and the whole city(zip) has only had 5-10 showings a week lately. I think houses have to be priced just right right now. I mainly work Denton county but seems like similar thing all around the metroplex. Supply is still low but demand has dropped off a pretty good bit...

Comment

I sell products to home builders and Houston is flat YOY, Dallas and Austin up 10% or more YOY

Comment

Certainly not slowing down in my neck of the woods.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny c View Post
              I sell products to home builders and Houston is flat YOY, Dallas and Austin up 10% or more YOY
              I would expect that to lag almost ask much as oil prices and declining rig rates.

How has the trend over the past 3 months compared to the first 6 months of this year?

Maybe new home inventory is finally catching up?

Comment

Shit is sitting on the market forever up here in Plano.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Many selling the same day of listing in Grayson County. A lot with offers above asking price still.

Comment

Not slow or slowing here.
                    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

State Farm, Toyota, Liberty Mutual, Fed Ex, among others all moving to Frisco/Plano. North Dallas may be slow for the next 12 to 18 months, then it will boom.

In fact a realtor friend of mine told me of a Toyota Exec, who came to her development in Frisco, looking to lease 8-12 homes for corporate housing to the tune of $5k-$7k, per month. I'd say if you are looking to sell, wait a few years and double the earnings.

Comment

but i'll wait for BJ (alan) to tell me i dont know shit, and to make sure to be a sweetie and wipe the seatie, if i sprinkle when i tinkle.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                          but i'll wait for BJ (alan) to tell me i dont know shit, and to make sure to be a sweetie and wipe the seatie, if i sprinkle when i tinkle.
                          Well, you are a real estate expert who has made a million dollars in the business. oh no, wait, you install urinals for a living. My bad.
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                            Well, you are a real estate expert who has made a million dollars in the business. oh no, wait, you install urinals for a living. My bad.
                            quoted.

this motherfuckers a millionaire ya'll.

SVO855, whatchu got for me dog?

Comment

Working...
                            X