Is it wrong ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it wrong ?

What's yalls thoughts on swapping a Tesla electric motor in an older hotrod. IS it an "interesting" build to the masses ?

It’d be a lot more interesting than another SBC. I bet it’d be fun as hell.

Comment

No, its everything right. Let me know if this is part of a 24hrs of lemons electric competitor and I'll be down

Comment

I can get behind that.
        The essence of hot rodding is taking a stock 'something' and making it quicker/faster by any means available. the first guys to pull a flathead banger out of an A coupe and drop in a flathead V8, or SBC later in the 50s, didn't ask their friends if it would be cool... they just knew it would be faster and beat the shit out of the other guys.

Comment

Keep in mind without an internal combustion engine making all the noise they make, you will be able to hear every squeak and rattle.

Comment

My buddy has some type of old Lotus that is so lightweight you can lift the tire off of the ground by pulling up on the wheelwell and we have been discussing a Tesla Driveline swap into it. It sounds like a fun project to me but other than stealing a Tesla we don't know where we're going to get the Driveline from.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Comment

Honestly. I was trying to figure out how to cram a Zero Motors motor and set up in to a street glide frame. Would be completely bad ass and no hot ass pipes on your right leg.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                  Keep in mind without an internal combustion engine making all the noise they make, you will be able to hear every squeak and rattle.
                  No kidding.....was pedal biking in the fall when an electric car passed me pretty fast.

Scared the shit out of me it was so quiet. Need noise.
                  Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                    Need noise.
                    Maybe a fancy playing card in the spokes gadget ? (damn that tells my age)

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure what people felt about the EV stuff. After seeing some of the Tesla swaps I was intrigued

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                      Maybe a fancy playing card in the spokes gadget ? (damn that tells my age)

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure what people felt about the EV stuff. After seeing some of the Tesla swaps I was intrigued
                      To put it into perapective... even the top gear/grand tour hosts have started to come around on EVs. Clarkson's tries to hold out by pointing out the long charge times but they used to be full on haters in the day.

Perception jas certainly changes

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                        That thing is fucking amazing. I love it.
                        sigpic

Comment

How about sourcing the electric motors and control system from an old hybrid? Some of the hybrid SUVs had some pretty stout motors. You would have to lose the internal combustion engine and fab up a battery pack and charging system.

Comment

hopefully i'll be dead and gone before that is the norm.
                            i'd rather go back to a flathead than to an electric motor .

Comment

There is a high school kid I think lives in Wylie has like a 79 Toyota Celica coupe he fitted electric. Did all the research and work himself.

Comment

Working...
                              X