Where do you guys go for an alignment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
    Why not? I've have all of my cars/trucks aligned(or checked) with every new set of tires. I get the print out afterwards that shows the adjustments and I've never had a tire wear abnormally due to the alignment.

Just wondering if I'm missing something. Truthfully I wish Discount Tire did alignments so I wouldn't have to got to two different places.
    They've fucked me twice. A fellow board member tried to help, and I actually did get a phone call back from the manager of this location, but I never got another call out of him after leaving messages.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

[QUOTE=Back N Black;1244403]Muffler King ftw! QUOTE]

Did a great job on mine with a caster camber plates, bump steer etc. He didn't flinch at any of the aftermarket pieces. I Didn't want to deal with the 'what is this stuff....we can't guarantee it if its not factory' conversation from the chain stores. I'd rather it take more time and get it right than sit in a remodeled waiting room with soccer moms and bad coffee

Comment

Chris' Car Doc in Humble, TX. 4 wheel race alignment, I believe he is normally around $200 for it. Lifts the front of the car up a little to simulate ride height while going down the track under power. Had him do my car and the first time down the strip I let go of the wheel after going through the traps and it was straight as an arrow. I don't have to fight the car at all on the track, especially on drag radials.

Oh wait, you are in Dallas area LOL. NVM unless you want to drive down to Houston.
        Carl S.
        2014 Ruby Red Premium GT A6, stock for now
        80 Coupe, Stroked 9.2" Windsor, Yates C3, Dominator, glide, 9.60s n/a, 1.27 sixty 5.48@127.8 nitrous on radials.
        9.32@128 pedaling it half track
        sigpic

Comment

I used to go to the NTB off main in Grapevine, or the one over by the Mills mall. Both did a nice job.

4M tire in Irving is doing alignments now and I had them do it this last time and the truck tracks straight down the road and tires aren't wearing on the outer edges anymore. They get all my tire business
          --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
            I would be more concerned with quality of work vs. Price!
            If it would make you feel better, I'd have no problem letting you pay more

But seriously, we align everything from race cars (like the mustang in the pic on our ad) to street cars and have one of the nicest Hunter alignment system in Texas.

Furthermore, we are proud to support the DFWMustang community and have had so much success with our 1/2 price special, that I'm going to extend the offer for another month (through the end of February). If you have any questions about who we are or the services we offer, feel free to visit our website or facebook page.

Kyle Yepsen
            Texas Track Works

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Track Works View Post

But seriously, we align everything from race cars (like the mustang in the pic on our ad) to street cars and have one of the nicest Hunter alignment system in Texas.

Furthermore, we are proud to support the DFWMustang community and have had so much success with our 1/2 price special, that I'm going to extend the offer for another month (through the end of February). If you have any questions about who we are or the services we offer, feel free to visit our website or facebook page.

Kyle Yepsen
              Texas Track Works
              awesome.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Kyle Yepsen
                Texas Track Works
                How much to do a 08 tacoma?

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                  How much to do a 08 tacoma?
                  Same price as our special, $49.99 for a 1 time alignment or $109.99 for a 1 year package. In order to eliminate waiting time, we work by appointment so give us a call whenever you're ready and we can put you on the schedule.

- Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by Back N Black View Post
                    Muffler King ftw! I believe Brian does alignments...
                    This. Bryans brother Kevin does good alignments. Normal and he does good ones for street strip cars too.
                    Last edited by Slow Five-O; 01-30-2014, 11:01 PM.
                    2014 GT
                    2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                      Why not? I've have all of my cars/trucks aligned(or checked) with every new set of tires. I get the print out afterwards that shows the adjustments and I've never had a tire wear abnormally due to the alignment.

Just wondering if I'm missing something. Truthfully I wish Discount Tire did alignments so I wouldn't have to got to two different places.
                      Because finding Techs that actually UNDERSTAND alignment principles, that can do more than wave the laser wand over the barcode and do what the computer dictates for "factory settings" is key. Techs like this are becoming very rare.
                      For that matter, a lot of places won't allow the Tech to step outside of the box.

I have Maximum Motorsports CC plates (Mark VII/Thunderbird specific), it is somewhat lowered and I have modified the base of the airspring to increase the spring rates.
                      I take it on 4K mile roadtrips, I auto cross it and I road race it once in a while.
                      I need a "real" alignment.
                      Last edited by 90MarkVII; 01-31-2014, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Comment

Kyle Yepsen
                          Texas Track Works
                          Kyle, you guys ROCK.
                          I brought my Mark VII in to get it aligned a few years ago, right before hitting the last couple of days of the Power Tour (picked it up in Miami, OK)
                          On that trip, I spent most of the day running Hallett Motor Racing Circuit. This past PT I Long Hauled and put about 2500 more hard miles on it
                          With the exception of expected signs of abuse from Hallett, the tires are showing perfect wear.
                          I'll be back.

Comment

An alignment is only as good as the floor under the vehicle when alignment is performed. Dont get me started on computer machines, cup, indycar and pro road race teams have access to million dollar 7 post shakers and you wont EVER see a computer alignment machine hooked to a race car when prize money is at stake. To square and track a production streer car would take $1k's worth of time and require building a rear housing from scratch lol
                            Last edited by Grape; 01-31-2014, 07:01 PM.
                            pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Working...
                            X