CCW's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
    If that is the case (never shot a sub. 40cal) then I am wondering how a G29 would feel
    It does have a dual stage recoil spring, but it's definitely going to have some recoil.
    2012 GT500

Comment

Found a guy selling a S&W Shield .40 for $375

Good deal? Or maybe hold out for the Xds in .45 or .40 if they ever get around too it.
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

If that is the case (never shot a sub. 40cal) then I am wondering how a G29 would feel
        If you had to act in a defense situation I doubt you are going to notice the recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
          If you had to act in a defense situation I doubt you are going to notice the recoil.
          It isn't about "noticing" the recoil. It's about follow up shot accuracy. In a self defense situation you will shoot quickly and add to that the loss of shooting proficiency due to stress/fear. If you have a very snappy, less controllable round you are much more likely to make less rounds hit the target. Now take into account a small gun with a low round count.
          2012 GT500

Comment

Found a guy selling a S&W Shield .40 for $375

Good deal? Or maybe hold out for the Xds in .45 or .40 if they ever get around too it.
            I'd hold out. At least go shoot a .40 shield or other single stack subcompact before buying one. You may find that you don't like it.
            2012 GT500

Comment

I don't really have an issue with my sub compact .40. I picked up the xds in 9mm because I wanted something a little thinner
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                I'd hold out. At least go shoot a .40 shield or other single stack subcompact before buying one. You may find that you don't like it.
                I know there have been places mentioned that will allow you to rent the gun...anyone know of any places that carry these options?
                You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                  It isn't about "noticing" the recoil. It's about follow up shot accuracy. In a self defense situation you will shoot quickly and add to that the loss of shooting proficiency due to stress/fear. If you have a very snappy, less controllable round you are much more likely to make less rounds hit the target. Now take into account a small gun with a low round count.
                  I still don't understand snappy. But you are right about follow ups. I'm comfortable shooting powerful subs. OP You're welcome to meet me and rag on my xds til you hands bleed

Comment

I still don't understand snappy. But you are right about follow ups. I'm comfortable shooting powerful subs. OP You're welcome to meet me and rag on my xds til you hands bleed
                    Snappy= quick muzzle rise. .40sw is just a very snappy round when compared against 9 or 40. Many people don't like it because it is hard to shoot in short barreled/small guns.

Double tapping with probies mp 9 vs my 23 is like night and day.
                    2012 GT500

Comment

I know there have been places mentioned that will allow you to rent the gun...anyone know of any places that carry these options?
                      Bullet Trap in Plano has a pretty large selection of rentals.

Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville and Frisco Gun Club in Frisco have an assortment, just not a large as Bullet Trap.

Comment

Thanks for the offer

Lots of good deals out there, sure wish I already had an idea...lol

Comment

Not sure of the selection but the range in caddo does
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                          X