No announcement yet.

350Z tries to take down a Challenger RT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was driving my turbo Fox one night, and some headlights flew up on my bumper super quick. I was about to downshift and stomp on it when the lights came on. It was a cop, and he ended up giving me a citation for bald tires (Drag radials) and loud exhaust (open downpipe). He said he heard me "racing" but he didn't see me.

Phew
    Ded

Comment

16 and dumb. Been there, done that. We were in my 84.5 GT350 with the CFI and AOD. Slowest one you could get but I thought it was a NASCAR. It had something wrong with it and if you nailed it it would let out a huge sulfuric smelling dark black cloud like the car was a diesel. We are cruising along doing 5 over and there are headlights right up my ass so I nail it knowing I could make them disappear in the cloud (to this day i am still not sure what was up with that solid black cloud) and piss them off. Piss them off I did. Was an Illinois State Trooper and he had all his windows down. He got me for noise pollution, exhibition of speed, speeding, gross vehicle pollution and no seatbelt.
      I had the car taken away for the rest of the Summer but somehow my grandfather got every single ticket dismissed. He loved getting traffic tickets thrown out and was damn good at it. LOL
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

I've never raced a cop, but I did race an eclipse in my GT and there was an undercover cop right behind us. He got behind the eclipse with his lights on and had his spot light on me and pulled us both over. Luckily he was cool and let us off with a warning for being cooperative.

Comment

I hate to be anti SVO but... I've never had this happen LOL.

Comment

I was heading to work early in the morning, it was dark out. A black expedition was driving like an asshat, cutting people off, nearly hit me and several others. I was on the phone with 911 as he got behind me, attempting to get around the group of cars. He passed left to find a really slow moving car in that lane, and swerved back over nearly hitting me again. As the cops catch up, they flip on lights and to pull him over, and he flips on his lights right behind me!

Turns out he was FBI.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by 46tbird View Post
              i'm also going to go svo, mixed with some craig, for a moment...
              haha!
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Oddest undercover vehicle I have ever seen in action, Hummer H2

Back when 114 was just 2 or 3 lanes it would back up terribly at rush hour.

I would always take Airport road through all the hotels on the S. side of 114 all the way up to 121.

One day, impatient dude gets mad at me for doing 30, but Irving PD and DFW Airport PD are always on that road radaring traffic that flees the highway jam.

He passes me on a double yellow stripe, big black hummer H2 behind him lights up and pulls him right over.

*smile*

Comment

Y'all are doing it wrong. You have to get the cop to "want" to race you.

Back in the late 70's, besides racing behind Miller Brewery, one of the alternate spots was Campus Drive by what was then TCJC off of south 820. We had the light poles painted for start and finish lines and it was usually good for a few runs before the constabulary (read: Campus Cops) would show up and run us off.

On one decent Saturday night, we had been ran off from Miller, so we headed to Campus. We ran for a good hour with no issues, other than an obviously new Campus Cop sitting in a parking lot across the street and watching us for a good twenty minutes. We figured he was either enjoying the show, or he had called for backup. One of my buddies decided to find out which it was and drove over to his "squad" car.

Next thing you know, he and the cop were lining up and running ('77 F150 against the cops Malibu). Everyone got a kick out of it, especially the cop. We stayed another hour or so, with almost everyone there lining up against the cop just to say they did.

Wonder how that scenario would play out today?

Comment

Racing a camaro in my old mustang on a stretch of 82 that crosses over texoma parkway. By the time I crossed texoma parkway I was running a good 120mph wide open on the throttle, and had off-road x pipe with borla "mufflers", so it wasn't quiet... A couple miles down the road I exit to turn around and sitting at the red light by Walmart, a DPS camaro lights me up as the light turns green. I pull into Walmart parking lot, cop does the whole "let me see your hands" crap. Asks me to get out of the car and has a nice chat with me....he was sitting at whataburger on texoma parkway which is right by 82. He says, I didn't see you go by, but I heard you go by and I know you were going well over 100mph... I didn't agree or disagree so as not to lie or admit guilt. After he scorned me, we started chatting about my car (still had the shoe polish number on window from the track) and he turned out to be a really nice guy, who likes cars. After 15 minutes or so he let me go and just told me to slow down and keep the racing at the track....
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

One Sunday morning, early 2000, I was heading out to Plano with my brother in-law. I had a lowered Camaro SS at the time, and decided I'd leg it out. I merged onto 121 from 183 in Euless and put the pedal to the floor.

I still had the governor on it, so we were humming along at 150mph. We crossed over Hall-Johnson, and I saw him. He was just pulling under the 360 crossover to get set up. I knew that he saw me. I knew I couldn't slow down fast enough.

I fly by him and eventually pull over near Main St and 114. He pulls up about a minute later, and walks up to the car, sighs, and says "I know you were traveling in excess of 100 mph". All that I'm hearing is "I didn't clock you, you lucky bastard". He proceeds to right me tickets for no front license plate, window tint too dark, malfunctioning equipment (driver side window wouldn't roll down), and failure to show proof of insurance (I had that dismissed).

It was an expensive ticket, but not a moving violation.

Comment

It was a clear black night, a clear white moon...
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          There is a signal? I wonder how many races I've lost that I didn't even know I was racing in?
                          Old signal is, you inch forward at the light. Keep inching, and if the other car starts doing it, its a race. They're supposed to inch ahead of you, and then you inch ahead again. Never liked the engine revving method.
                          WH

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                            I'm also going to go svo, mixed with some Craig, for a moment...
                            What the effin fuck?

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                              One Sunday morning, early 2000, I was heading out to Plano with my brother in-law. I had a lowered Camaro SS at the time, and decided I'd leg it out. I merged onto 121 from 183 in Euless and put the pedal to the floor.

I still had the governor on it, so we were humming along at 150mph. We crossed over Hall-Johnson, and I saw him. He was just pulling under the 360 crossover to get set up. I knew that he saw me. I knew I couldn't slow down fast enough.

I fly by him and eventually pull over near Main St and 114. He pulls up about a minute later, and walks up to the car, sighs, and says "I know you were traveling in excess of 100 mph". All that I'm hearing is "I didn't clock you, you lucky bastard". He proceeds to right me tickets for no front license plate, window tint too dark, malfunctioning equipment (driver side window wouldn't roll down), and failure to show proof of insurance (I had that dismissed).

It was an expensive ticket, but not a moving violation.
                              I was arrested for 183 in a 60 once. The officer didn't radar me, but because he was "trained" it stuck. He was pretty damned close to how fast I was going.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                                I was arrested for 183 in a 60 once. The officer didn't radar me, but because he was "trained" it stuck. He was pretty damned close to how fast I was going.
                                Ha....trained, what BS is that? That's hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X