So I got this ring doorbell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got this ring doorbell.

I work from home. My office is on the second floor overlooking part of my entryway. The front door is mostly glass but it isn't easy to see though, it has a rain like effect to obscure people from just seeing in but I can lean over and see through railing if someone is at the front door.

I didn't hook up my ring doorbell the right way when I hung it to draw power from the house so it has been dead a couple of weeks. I need to go fix it. I just spent a few minutes yelling at my dog telling her to "shut the fuck up, there is no one at the door" then I was talking to her over the railing and asking her why she was so dumb when I see a shadow pass in front of the door from the ring side of the door. It was some door to door salesman that just heard me cuss out my dog until he left.

Cool story bro... tell it again? Would read again... A-
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

You day drinking?!

Comment

Fuck a bunch of cameras

Comment

Dog was yelling back, “no you fool....I am telling you this jerk is standing at our door. So why don’t you just shut up and let me take care of this jackwagon”....

Comment

Lmfao, made my day.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              You day drinking?!
              Brad is gonna Brad

Comment

Comment

The door to door people skip my house now. Every time they'd come to my door I would ask to see their permit, 100% of the time they didn't So I call the fuzz, and ask them if they want to wait for the police or try and GTFO before they show up since its illegal to sell door to door in Denton without a permit.
                  I do this for two reasons, first I have a no soliciting sign on my door, if you ignore it than fuck you. And second, We have gotten a fair bit of burgling over the past few years in the neighborhood, I assume the worst in humanity these days and think they might be looking for easy targets. So fuck them until proven otherwise.

Comment

I have both Ring and Kuna camera. Kuna is muchhhhh better than Ring.

Not a fan of Ring after using the Kuna.
                    Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                      The door to door people skip my house now. Every time they'd come to my door I would ask to see their permit, 100% of the time they didn't So I call the fuzz, and ask them if they want to wait for the police or try and GTFO before they show up since its illegal to sell door to door in Denton without a permit.
                      I do this for two reasons, first I have a no soliciting sign on my door, if you ignore it than fuck you. And second, We have gotten a fair bit of burgling over the past few years in the neighborhood, I assume the worst in humanity these days and think they might be looking for easy targets. So fuck them until proven otherwise.
                      I wish it was that way in Keller. Got tired of all the door-to-door guys hanging door knockers or knocking on my door trying to sell when I have TWO signs that say do not disturb/sell/etc.

Called PD on one guy and was informed by the officer that they can sell without permit.

Comment

what do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                          I didn't hook up my ring doorbell the right way when I hung it to draw power from the house
                          I didin't know that was possible?

Comment

We put up a cheap "No Solicitors" sticker from Walmart on the front door, problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                              I have both Ring and Kuna camera. Kuna is muchhhhh better than Ring.

Not a fan of Ring after using the Kuna.
                              I will check it out. Thanks.

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              I didin't know that was possible?
                              Yeah, I don't know how I fucked it up. It's 2 wires. I had it charged through the USB charger before I put it up and it lasted about 6 weeks before it died.

Comment

Working...
                              X