AR Optics Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR Optics Question

I am building a 5.56 1:8 20'' upper right now and would like to find an optic that is not over powered and does not cost me a whole lot. Looking to shoot around 500yds+ for now, practice and perhaps mover further out over time.

What is a good starter scope that wont break the bank? Looking for an illuminated Mil-Dot rectile, or at least something bright.

I have been on optics planet looking around. I have Googled around for the past week or so and it is all greek to me.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Looking for the "best bang" for your buck type deal, maybe $200-$700
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Where do you go to shoot over 500? Or do you have your own land?
    IMG_0424

Comment

Land is outside of Amarillo.
      Last edited by Gtracer; 12-23-2012, 01:21 PM.
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Millett 6-25X56mm LRS Long Range Tactical Riflescope w/ 1/4 MIL Click Reticle DISCOUNT BK81007. Designed using top of the line materials and construction to provide you with a scope that will provide you...
        03 cobra

Comment

Thats nice and I like the price, thanks!

Comment

I've had great luck with my millet
            03 cobra

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
              Thats nice and I like the price, thanks!
              The one he posted is in .1mil adjustments. I think Millett has that same scope in 1/8 MOA adjustments. You were talking about shooting 500 yards and I don't know if you are wanting to dial the scope for different ranges, but just be sure to order whichever you are wanting. There are pros and cons to both.

Comment

Millett 6-25X56mm LRS Long Range Tactical Riflescope w/ 1/4 MIL Click Reticle DISCOUNT BK81007. Designed using top of the line materials and construction to provide you with a scope that will provide you...

?
                03 cobra

Comment

http://www.opticsplanet.com/millett-...long-rang.html

My mistake, the other one is 1/4 MOA adjsutments.

Comment

Working...
                  X