No announcement yet.

$50 lowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see where he is coming from, nothing wrong with a lil diversity in ones collection. But if he wants a gas piston AR, buy it. Ar's are easy and convenient. Now if he can point out better deals for these "other semi auto rifles" than AR stuff, Id buy.
    "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
    http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
    Factory Five MK4 Cobra
    Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
    http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
    www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      You know it is true.
      i don't think so. i think they are extremely popular because they're an excellent platform with endless aftermarket, and reasonably priced.

Comment

My dad bought me a J-Frame .38 special one time, and my grandpa gave me a 10/22.

I bought all the other guns I own.
        You know, I get the feeling that somewhere along the way, other living costs might get in the way of most people buying expensive toys. I also get the feeling that you don't have quite as many of those costs.

I don't fault you a bit, but remember to take a step back and realize your position vs. theirs. To some people, having a gun that is easy to find parts for, cheap to build, and that they can put together a piece at a time is a very convenient deal.

Comment

Ugh 50 lower just turned into a 75 lower. Sucks being new to town and not having friends here with an FFL. I wanna come back to tx

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
            You know, I get the feeling that somewhere along the way, other living costs might get in the way of most people buying expensive toys. I also get the feeling that you don't have quite as many of those costs.

I don't fault you a bit, but remember to take a step back and realize your position vs. theirs. To some people, having a gun that is easy to find parts for, cheap to build, and that they can put together a piece at a time is a very convenient deal.
            It is true that I do not have many expenses, and for that I am thankful. I have no car payment, no debt, no wife, and no kids. It is because of this reason that I have copius amounts of money to spend hobbies.

And I do understand the piece by piece argument, as people can put together a gun when they get the cash, but I grit my teeth when people go out and buy a $1500 AR from larue or some other "premium" manufacturer. Same goes for people with 5+ ARs. I mean, I am seldom an advocate of diversity, but I am when it comes to guns.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

It is true that I do not have many expenses, and for that I am thankful. I have no car payment, no debt, no wife, and no kids. It is because of this reason that I have copius amounts of money to spend hobbies.

And I do understand the piece by piece argument, as people can put together a gun when they get the cash, but I grit my teeth when people go out and buy a $1500 AR from larue or some other "premium" manufacturer. Same goes for people with 5+ ARs. I mean, I am seldom an advocate of diversity, but I am when it comes to guns.
              Holy crap your stuck up.....

Comment

Darn, my gun collection is played out...

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                  Holy crap your stuck up.....
                  Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
                    Not to hi-jack the thread, but is their M&P15PS (piston driven) a good deal for $899? Would still have to buy optics since it doesn't even come with steel sights.

Or should I just go ahead and build one?
                    Bryan that is the same basic gun (S&W M&P15 w/Adams Arms conversion) as what you shot of mine yesteday. $899 is a better deal than buying a gun then the gas piston kit like I did.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Yep.
                      You tell them! piss on all these poor ass bastards with their ar15's and geo metros!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                        You tell them! piss on all these poor ass bastards with their ar15's and geo metros!!!
                        Yep, buncha filthy commoners around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                          Yeah bunch of no m16 having fools.

Comment

...and there goes the warm fuzzy feeling from the lower group buy.
                            IMG_0424

Comment

I dont understand why you care about it. If more people are buying AR's that should keep demand/prices down on your uber elitist rifles no?

Comment

I have no car payment, no debt, no wife, and no kids. It is because of this reason that I have copius amounts of money to spend hobbies.
                                Do you mean to always come off as a dick or is it an unintentional byproduct of the constant score-boarding?

Comment

Working...
                                X