$1000 invested in my 10/22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1000 invested in my 10/22?

I think I've seriously lost my damn mind. I've been mulling over what exactly I want to do with it. I'm going to add a sparrow suppressor, however the Norrell integral suppressor always had my interest. I like the fact you can shoot standard rounds and it slows them to subsonic. However I didn't like a tax stamp on a suppressor I could only use on one gun. so, instead I think I'm going to do a 12.25" tacsol barrel on it, and get the SBR and suppressor stamps and get the best of both. After doing the math on all the parts I've spent so far, it's well over a grand on a 10/22. But honestly, I don't mind spending it whatsoever... I love my 10/22 more than any other gun and use it twice as often. I want a rifle at or under 2lbs so I can carry it on a sling when I'm hunting without it bothering me. That's my goal. I've been trying to find a nice light folder stock for the 10/22 that is polymer so I don't have to worry about banging it all to hell, but I'm not too happy with what is out there. I might have to make it.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Some inspiration:

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Some people spend thousands on ARs, why not spend a little bit on your favorite toy? I love those little guns.

Comment

Its whatever makes you happy man. I just purchased a brand new Mk III Target for $300 at Academy yesterday. They had it mis-marked as a 22/45 so it was a damn good price as far as I could tell but with that I am seriously considering getting a second suppressor in the GB so I can have one for my .22's. My 10/22 isn't gonna be nearly as extreme as that. I definitely want to get one of those Tactical Innovation barrels, the VQ hammer/sear/trigger and a hogue stock.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
          My 10/22 isn't gonna be nearly as extreme as that. I definitely want to get one of those Tactical Innovation barrels, the VQ hammer/sear/trigger and a hogue stock.

FWIW the guys over at GunKings.com talked me out of buying the VQ sear. I went in prepared to buy the VQ hammer, trigger, and sear but they spoke up and said the sear isn't worth the money. The manager told me I might get a half pound off my trigger pull with the sear but it's not guaranteed. He said you're better of saving that money and getting the stock sear polished up. Now the VQ hammer and trigger made a world of difference. I picked those up and sent them along with the rest of my trigger group to be polished and have a trigger job done, which made a world of difference.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
            FWIW the guys over at GunKings.com talked me out of buying the VQ sear. I went in prepared to buy the VQ hammer, trigger, and sear but they spoke up and said the sear isn't worth the money. The manager told me I might get a half pound off my trigger pull with the sear but it's not guaranteed. He said you're better of saving that money and getting the stock sear polished up. Now the VQ hammer and trigger made a world of difference. I picked those up and sent them along with the rest of my trigger group to be polished and have a trigger job done, which made a world of difference.

Thanks for the heads up! Guess I'll check out that route then

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
              Thanks for the heads up! Guess I'll check out that route then
              Not sure if you're local or not but GunKings opened up a store front in Allen. They have some of the better prices on 10/22 parts/accessories and they're a good group of guys. Figured I'd mention it and possible save you some money.
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Not sure if you're local or not but GunKings opened up a store front in Allen. They have some of the better prices on 10/22 parts/accessories and they're a good group of guys. Figured I'd mention it and possible save you some money.
                They just never have anything I want in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  They just never have anything I want in stock.
                  What are you looking for?

Comment

What are you looking for?
                    12.25" threaded tacsol barrel in the white.

Comment

Some inspiration:

Do want!
                      Jon

Comment

12.25" threaded tacsol barrel in the white.
                        I haven't seen a tacsol barrel in that length. The SB-X barrel is that length without the goofy ass barrel shroud.

Comment

[QUOTE=5.0_CJ;340643]Some inspiration:

NIce
                          now ,I want one.......
                          Originally posted by BoostedGT
                          I got one of them POS x275 88mm's sitting on the work bench. Come get it.
                          Originally posted by bigminz
                          Hell no. Have you seen most of these cars up close? Death traps at those speeds.

Comment

I haven't seen a tacsol barrel in that length. The SB-X barrel is that length without the goofy ass barrel shroud.
                            they sell them for chargers.

Comment

I thought about getting the integral suppressor as well.. Haven't sat down and added up what I have total in each gun but they sure are fun to plink with.

Comment

Working...
                              X