American Guns...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Guns...

Anyone watch this show? I caught an episode last night as I was flipping through and it was quite interesting.

They took a customers 7mm rifle and turned it into a 458 lot (?). That is one big ass shell and it had a mean kick. Saw one of the guys doing a trigger job, amazing how easy it is if you know what you are doing.

Anyways, thought I would ask as it is a very interesting show thus far.
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

i watched that one last night. i thought he was fucking nuts to fire that off in his hand like that. i say fuck the stock it that thing had blown up in his hand we would be calling him captain hook from now on. and good loard he was a big ol boy.

Comment

Any show with "American" in the front of it is bound to suck.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
        Lol. This, or "Guns" on the end of it.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
          i watched that one last night. i thought he was fucking nuts to fire that off in his hand like that. i say fuck the stock it that thing had blown up in his hand we would be calling him captain hook from now on. and good loard he was a big ol boy.
          Yeah stupid it was but imagine the mental block you would have to overcome in order to just pull the triger like that...crazy

The owner of the shop bought a Luger that was owned by Randolph Hurst. He traded his Rolex Sub Mariner and 10k cash for the gun.
          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
            I can see your point with all the trash they have now days on TV. However, I must say this show is different as far as perspective and business. The guy owns a gun store and his employees are all gun smiths with different specialties. One does the barrel, one works on the action and there are a few other "helpers" around.

I thought it was interesting from the perspective of someone who does not know everything about gun smithing (is that a word/ phrase?) which is me. I want to learn but I dont know where to start so I watch and see if I cant learn something.

Comment

I just watch it to see his daughter shoot guns. Wood dew.

Comment

Ive shot a .458 lott. It was brisk, but not painful.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  I just watch it to see his daughter shoot guns. Wood dew.
                  Glad I'm not the only perv. That girl is smokin' hot.

Watched several episodes a couple weekends ago when they were running a marathon, and that dude is ballin'. They fly out in their personal heli to various private shows and sales carrying a black bag full of cash. Pretty decent show...
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

The owner is worse than a used car salesman and his prices are overly high but I do find it neat that they actually build stuff instead of dremel the shit the the other show.
                    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I agree, he had them thread the barrel, ream it out by hand and machine. Saw how they did a Chamber Cast, that was pretty cool. I really want to learn how to do trigger jobs so I can do my own guns...that would be sweet

Comment

A trigger job is nothing more than polishing the crap out of the primary and secondary angles of a sear, polishing the disconnector and also the hammer. At which point it never hurts to polish the bottom side of the rails on the slide and the disconnector track on the slide. Done a couple of mine over the years and it made a definite difference...
                        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I have seen it a few times and it has some interesting stuff. But they also do all the typical "reality" show fake ass situations that usually force me to turn it off.

The most recent I saw the wife wanted to modify a 1911 for a customer, making it pink. The guy goes on this big rant about how he wouldn't do it.. Total BS, if the custoemr wanted pink, and is willing to pay, you know he would be doing it without question.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                            A trigger job is nothing more than polishing the crap out of the primary and secondary angles of a sear, polishing the disconnector and also the hammer. At which point it never hurts to polish the bottom side of the rails on the slide and the disconnector track on the slide. Done a couple of mine over the years and it made a definite difference...
                            It's taking the gun apart that I feel is my biggest fear...especially since it is my home defense gun...

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                              It's taking the gun apart that I feel is my biggest fear...especially since it is my home defense gun...
                              What kind of gun is it?

That bitch has no idea what she's doing behind that gun, but at least she's hot.

Comment

Working...
                              X