No announcement yet.

If you had a grand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is kind of a hard question to answer. Would it be if we could have just one pistol for under $1K or a pistol to add to our current collection?

Currently owning a couple of Kimber .45's that (for me) function flawlessly I can't say I'd want to add yet another 1911 to the collection other than I wish I had one with a rail. I recently sold my SA XD .45 Service Model and really liked it. I no longer own any polymer pistols so I have a real itch for another one and Springfield Armory just introduced an XDm 3.8 in .45 I wouldn't mind owning. Other than that I wouldn't mind a nice Scandium S&W .357 Magnum Revolver.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
      How is it looking and how much you lookin to get for it?
      i shot you a pm.

Comment

series 70 colt or delta elite

if you are wanting to stay plastic either a FN tactical 45 or HK tactical 45 I love my HK just wished it used standard threads.

Other honorable mentions on my list would be
        LAR grizzly 45 win mag
        Sig 229 rail or 220 rail
        T series Browning hi power
        or save my pennies for a wildey

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog896 View Post

if you are wanting to stay plastic either a FN tactical 45 or HK tactical 45 I love my HK just wished it used standard threads.
          That is my biggest pick with HK as a whole is that they refuse to conform to industry standard rails and mounts. Have suppressor that you can use on every other pistol known to man? Fuck you! We like nonsensical metric left hand thread just to be dicks. Have a scope you want to mount on your G3? Cool bro, but first you need to buy this weird ass proprietary clamp thing and then you are good to go! Nice USP man, thanks for buying HK. Oh, you want a light? Well you sure can have one, but it has to be this uber expensive one that we helped design because.... fuck you and your picatinny bullshit.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Already have a Kimber, no complaints, but it would be another nice 1911, or an HK.

Comment

Lol, out of all of this the name I see come up the least is CZ....seems like this is one I should look into, unless I am missing something.

I do like the HK but considering you have to purchase their stuff or stuff they helped design seems like a headache. Seems like a CZ is just as reliable as HK so why not go with the less expensive option.

Am I missing anything?
              Originally posted by Sean88gt
              You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
              Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
              You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Lol, out of all of this the name I see come up the least is CZ....seems like this is one I should look into, unless I am missing something.

I do like the HK but considering you have to purchase their stuff or stuff they helped design seems like a headache. Seems like a CZ is just as reliable as HK so why not go with the less expensive option.

Am I missing anything?
                Lol, its not really that bad. The p30 does have a standard picatinny rail on it unlike the USPs if you want a light or some kind of accessory.

That being said, if you ever want to meet up and shoot I would be more than happy to bring out the p30 and the CZ so you can try both of them side by side.
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  That being said, if you ever want to meet up and shoot I would be more than happy to bring out the p30 and the CZ so you can try both of them side by side.
                  Very tempting, I will throw down on ammo if you name the place and time...
                  You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                  You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

I really want one of the new Sig 1911's. They kind of got a bad rap on their first two generations, but the new models are swanky. The Nitron Carry is the one I've been eyeing, specifically.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      I really want one of the new Sig 1911's. They kind of got a bad rap on their first two generations, but the new models are swanky. The Nitron Carry is the one I've been eyeing, specifically.
                      Does it come in both steel and polymer frames? Did a quick Google search for images and it appears to be produced in both forms.

Comment

Just based on what I've been eyeballing lately,
                        S&W Model 41
                        S&W Model 29
                        Browning Hi-Power

Not saying those are the best for the money, they're just next on my list of what I want and don't already have.
                        Oh, and Adam has me wanting a damn Alaskan now but I need to try one out first to decide whether I'm man enough for a big bore snubby.
                        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                          Oh, and Adam has me wanting a damn Alaskan now but I need to try one out first to decide whether I'm man enough for a big bore snubby.
                          I handled a couple of those at the gun show this weekend. Massive and suprisingly comfortable sum it up...plus, if you run out of bullets it will be one hell of a gun to throw at someone...lol

Comment

Out of the Gagillion manufactures and models, which one do you prefer?
                            My kimber has been a great gun but ild like a springfield Mil-spec currently
                            07 f250-family truckster
                            08 Denali -baby hauler
                            52 f1-rust bucket
                            05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                            livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                              STI Trojan in a heart beat, depending on what the rest of my collection looked like.
                              Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                              My vote.
                              What is it about STI that makes them popular with the educated gun enthusiast? Where do they fall in comparison to the Wilson Combat, Dan Wesson, or Les Baer line?
                              Originally posted by Jester
                              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                              Originally posted by Denny
                              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

is caliber is of no concern?

45 ACP
                                hands down must have atleast 1 1911.
                                springfield armory loaded (dont think you can get an operator for less than $1k.)
                                i've never seen/shot/held the sti trojan but adam knows a thing or two so he might be on to something there.

9 MM
                                sig p226, especially the tactical operations model. costs too much but i love the gun. exceptional full size high capacity 9mm. even the standard p226 feels fantastic and shoots remarkably.
                                Last edited by momo; 11-29-2011, 03:57 PM.
                                www.hppmotorsports.com
                                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                                X