Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone waiting on a Raspberry Pi?

A $25 full functioning PC.

We are a charity with the mission to enable young people to realise their full potential through the power of computing and digital technologies.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Crazy. And awesome, I have 3 PCs and a 4-port KVM switch with exactly one open port...
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
      Crazy. And awesome, I have 3 PCs and a 4-port KVM switch with exactly one open port...
      It will run Debian Linux.

It has hardware decoding for H.264 and MPEG-4. It also has HDMI out. For an additional $10 ($35) you can get onboard Ethernet. It has 2 USB 2.0 ports - so you can hook up a 64GB thumb drive for instance. It has onboard SSD for the OS. I plan on putting it into a credit card sized enclosure and velcro it to the back of my wall mount TV. They also have Xbox media center working on it, so you can have an interface. And Android is planned in a few months.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

So many activities.

Comment

They also said ArchLinux, which is what I've got running on one of my PCs.
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

They also said ArchLinux, which is what I've got running on one of my PCs.
            Yep, pretty much open to whatever you like. I plan on using it as a media server myself. The best part is you can install a wifi usb adapter and stick this sucker ANYWHERE in your house and no one would be able to find it - good for security...and other... salacious....deniability things.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
              So many activities.
              lol, jump on board bro!

Comment

I'm having trouble viewing this on my phone. Is Linux something that is easy to use? I've never used it before. Sorry for the noob question.

Comment

Originally posted by ENKI View Post
                  I'm having trouble viewing this on my phone. Is Linux something that is easy to use? I've never used it before. Sorry for the noob question.
                  It can be. It isn't quite as easy to get up and running as Windows or OS X, but it isn't bad and gives you a lot more options on how you configure it.
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

So with only 1 USB port on the 25 dollar board....is it safe to assume you would need to use a USB hub to connect a keyboard, mouse, and wifi card? I really don't understand why they are making 2 separate boards/computers....why not just sell the 35 dollar board since it obviously has more inputs and memory.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                      So with only 1 USB port on the 25 dollar board....is it safe to assume you would need to use a USB hub to connect a keyboard, mouse, and wifi card? I really don't understand why they are making 2 separate boards/computers....why not just sell the 35 dollar board since it obviously has more inputs and memory.
                      Why pay 40% more for stuff you don't need?
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        lol, jump on board bro!
                        Jesus man, I can think of 10 things off of the top of my head that this would be good for. Homebrewed in-car audio, the previously aforementioned media servers...now I just need to find tiny HDMI monitors for cheap.

Comment

Why pay 40% more for stuff you don't need?
                          See: Apple's business model for the Macbook Pro.

Comment

I'm hoping to get one myself, not sure if I have a use for it though.
                            I have a couple decked out 1950's laying around now too.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                              you get 2 USB for the $35 board.

thats your keyboard and mouse. A lot of people are goign to use android remote with it, so you don't need either port occupied.

Comment

Working...
                              X