BCG group buy interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
    He sent me this picture today. And in trying to figure out how to get a sample from him.

Looks like they may be coming to him in pcs and then he is assembling them? The gas key doesn’t look very tight and the others parts are obvious?

I have no problem building my own, but what is the price
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

I want to see those key bolts staked and staked well once he gets them assembled.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I believe so, he said he would stake them if we wanted but at this moment I'm trying to get him to send me one. But he wants me to pay $150 plus the 3% PayPal fee. In trying to get him to work with me as we're gonna buy so much from him if the quality is good. Price still remains at $90 each if we hit the 100 marker. He said he has to purchase the retaining pens separate so he can't do the $88.

Comment

I believe so, he said he would stake them if we wanted but at this moment I'm trying to get him to send me one. But he wants me to pay $150 plus the 3% PayPal fee. In trying to get him to work with me as we're gonna buy so much from him if the quality is good. Price still remains at $90 each if we hit the 100 marker. He said he has to purchase the retaining pens separate so he can't do the $88.
          Sounds like he is working you a little now that he has the product....

$2 increase per for retaining pins? Not much, but doesnt feel right for some reason...then $150 plus the 3% when you can go buy one right now on THF for $125....

Not knocking your deal, you have done a lot already to try to help this board...I just feel like this guy might be trying to retire or take advantage of the GB...maybe even you...

Still interested in 1 if the key is staked and the price is $90.

Chris
          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

I'm trying not to feel that way if I can help myself and the board out but he's crazy if he thinks I'm gonna spend $150 for a BCG then we make a big order for $90 each.

Comment

I'm trying not to feel that way if I can help myself and the board out but he's crazy if he thinks I'm gonna spend $150 for a BCG then we make a big order for $90 each.
              eggzactly, kind of shooting yourself in the foot there and I would never ask anyone to do that.

reminds me of that big fat a$$ at Model 1 who thinks everything they have is "In demand". BCG's have been coming back in-stock for almost a month now. Granted, not at $90 but certainly there are choices that are less expensive than $150+ 3%

He might just be testing the waters too, if you hesitate a little, he might just become more willing to negotiate. It’s a gamble, but worth it in the end regardless if you make a deal or not. Either you save $150 and a bunch of BS or you work out a deal and the board gets a few BCG's...win, win either way

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                I want to see those key bolts staked and staked well once he gets them assembled.
                not to derail this thread, but can you explain what this means...in dummy terms?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                  not to derail this thread, but can you explain what this means...in dummy terms?
                  Once tight you take a punch and punch in metal around the bolt to keep it from backing out.
                  92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
                    Once tight you take a punch and punch in metal around the bolt to keep it from backing out.
                    This. The two allen bolts that hold the gas key. Once they are tight there is a process to punch the key so it stakes into the bolts. They make a jig for this.

If it is not done and the key bolts back out it will jack up the receiver and such.

Comment

Tell him you will buy the test model at $150 with the condition you get your second (first of the group buy) at $30.

Comment

Tell him you will buy the test model at $150 with the condition you get your second (first of the group buy) at $30.
                        He actually said to give him my CC info so he could charge the full $150 if the GB didn't go through. I wasn't gonna give him my CC info at all. But I don't think he can meet our demands in a reasonable time. He can only order 30 at a time and it would take a month to get them. So at 100 BCG we'd be waiting forever for them. And I think he also wants to sell them at non GB price to make money which is understandable but I don't think he can meet our demands in a reasonable amount of time. Nor do I wanna have to hound him every month for payment, shipment, etc....

Comment

He actually said to give him my CC info so he could charge the full $150 if the GB didn't go through. I wasn't gonna give him my CC info at all. But I don't think he can meet our demands in a reasonable time. He can only order 30 at a time and it would take a month to get them. So at 100 BCG we'd be waiting forever for them. And I think he also wants to sell them at non GB price to make money which is understandable but I don't think he can meet our demands in a reasonable amount of time. Nor do I wanna have to hound him every month for payment, shipment, etc....
                          Dang that sucks, but I would not want to go through all that either. It already has the signs of a screwed up situation with him anyways. I can probably speak for everyone when I say "Thank you for trying to set this up for all of us."
                          92 LX 5.0

Comment

This. The two allen bolts that hold the gas key. Once they are tight there is a process to punch the key so it stakes into the bolts. They make a jig for this.

If it is not done and the key bolts back out it will jack up the receiver and such.
                            I see, so once assembled, there shouldn't be any reason to have to disassemble? And if they're not staked, should they be checked periodically? I need to check the bcg I bought for my last gun just for kicks and giggles...

Comment

Guy posted this last night which made me not wanna do business with him even more. He gives me the price of $150.52 plus PayPal fee. But posts this up.

Comment

He charges you $3.50 to stake when it should be done anyways. He is lazy or is not using the right tool for the job.

Comment

Working...
                                X