No announcement yet.

If you could only buy one suppressor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could only buy one suppressor...

What would it be? And no, I am not looking for the "over the top" suppressor, I am talking caliber wise and within reason. I have a $900 budget including the $200 tax stamp.

I have a 10mm and 45 I enjoy shooting, but I REALLY enjoy my bolt action and with the looming "potential" changes, I find myself thinning my already thin heard to pick up a can.

I found the Osprey 45 for $665 OTD (+$200 Stamp) and the YHM .30 OTD for $625 (+$200). I only have enough funds to cover one of these without selling all of my pistols, which, my only justification is I can always pick up another (pistol) later on...I MAY not be able to purchase another NFA item ever again (assuming) as I live in Dallas CO and the CLEO will NOT sign an NFA document.

If you could buy only one, which one and why? What is the reasoning behind it? I am pretty sure I have thought about all of the angles, I am just having a hard time picking only one, Rifle/Pistol.

Any feedback is appreciated; I am going nutz over here trying to find a way to pick them both up without getting rid of my 3 pistols...lol
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Honestly, I would buy a Silencerco Sparrow SS for your first can ($579 including stamp) Then use the remaining $321 to buy a Smith and Wesson M&P 22 pistol or a Ruger Mark pistol with threaded barrel. Even with all the toys I get to shoot, I still have the most fun with a suppressed .22 pistol, especially if there is steel plates set out anywhere between 50-200 yards. It is almost more fun than a machine gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
      Honestly, I would buy a Silencerco Sparrow SS for your first can ($579 including stamp) Then use the remaining $321 to buy a Smith and Wesson M&P 22 pistol or a Ruger Mark pistol with threaded barrel. Even with all the toys I get to shoot, I still have the most fun with a suppressed .22 pistol, especially if there is steel plates set out anywhere between 50-200 yards. It is almost more fun than a machine gun.
      Never thought about it that way...

I have a buddy who just picked up a Harvester for $159 +tax stamp and he says that you can break them down for cleaning...humm

But I like the idea of throwing 230gr balls of lead down range at 119 decibels...
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Specwar 7.62 it comes out a little over your budget but worth it. If not then the specwar 5.56

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
          Never thought about it that way...

I have a buddy who just picked up a Harvester for $159 +tax stamp and he says that you can break them down for cleaning...humm

But I like the idea of throwing 230gr balls of lead down range at 119 decibels...
          Throwing 40grains of lead at 101db is more fun.

I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that the Harvester is serviceable. I want tho know where he got it for $159. That is under dealer price by a lot.

Comment

I'm afraid your buddy is mistaken, he may be referring to a hunter town arms suppressor...? Only thing even remotely close to the price range along with the fact that the harvesters is not serviceable.

Comment

22 suppressor.

By far the most smiles per dollar you will ever buy in the firearm world.
              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                22 suppressor.

By far the most smiles per dollar you will ever buy in the firearm world.
                I dunno, a .22 machine gun surpasses that I think. I love shooting CJ's.

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                  I'm afraid your buddy is mistaken, he may be referring to a hunter town arms suppressor...? Only thing even remotely close to the price range along with the fact that the harvesters is not serviceable.
                  I actually was mistaken, it was the hunter town

Comment

What are the disadvantages of buying the biggest suppressor you can and using it on all of your smaller platforms other than the obvious loss of suppression?

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                      What are the disadvantages of buying the biggest suppressor you can and using it on all of your smaller platforms other than the obvious loss of suppression?
                      This was my thought process on the Osprey 45

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                        That is pretty much it.

Honestly, the only thing I have ever shot that even comes close to Hollywood quiet is a .22lr can. Everything else except for maybe a .45 is extremely disappointing.

My dumbest gun related purchase ever was my .223 can. Not hearing safe, no resale value, adapters are expensive, they make guns dirtier, heavier, and do other funky stuff to guns.
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          That is pretty much it.

Honestly, the only thing I have ever shot that even comes close to Hollywood quiet is a .22lr can. Everything else except for maybe a .45 is extremely disappointing.

My dumbest gun related purchase ever was my .223 can. Not hearing safe, no resale value, adapters are expensive, they make guns dirtier, heavier, and do other funky stuff to guns.
                          Damn you buzzkill!
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                            That is pretty much it.

Dang that's an interesting take on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                              I will second that. My buddy recently bought a silencer for his .22 (silencerco I believe) and that was tons of fun. .22lr is up there near the top of my list of my favorite thing to shoot. Just sucks ammo is still so hard to find.
                              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                              X