No announcement yet.

If you could only buy one suppressor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ammo issue is what has deterred me away from 22. I can't exactly just go to the store and pick some up unless I happen to get lucky.
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Maybe a 10/22 yhm suppressed barrel...humm
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

.22LR cans are about as much fun that you can have with your clothes on. That being said, tough call. I couldn't make that choice. I love all my cans.

Maybe move?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          .22LR cans are about as much fun that you can have with your clothes on. That being said, tough call. I couldn't make that choice. I love all my cans.

Maybe move?
          No lie, I have thought about moving just to join like minded individual's.

I am thinking a 45 osprey will make 22 fun as well while I can also use it on other handguns.

Rifle suppressors are kinda "eh" from what I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
            The ammo issue is what has deterred me away from 22. I can't exactly just go to the store and pick some up unless I happen to get lucky.
            If you tried hard enough you could aquire 5k rounds in a month for a little over a $100. Sure it is a bit of work, but way cheaper than 5k of any other caliber....
            2012 GT500

Comment

if you want the one suppressor does most go with the osprey. It will cover 300 blackout, 9mm, 45 and 22 which are all available in a subsonic load. I agree with the 22 suppressor though. I shoot my 22 can's more than any of em. Might think about SBR'ing an AR lower also. Just for giggles

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                No lie, I have thought about moving just to join like minded individual's.

I am thinking a 45 osprey will make 22 fun as well while I can also use it on other handguns.

Rifle suppressors are kinda "eh" from what I've seen.

People look at rifle suppressors the wrong way. They're cool in their own right, but if you're strictly set on movie quiet you will be disappointed.

Comment

People look at rifle suppressors the wrong way. They're cool in their own right, but if you're strictly set on movie quiet you will be disappointed.
                  Bolt action and sub sonic is as close as you get.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Buy a Octane 45 SD. You can suppress .22, 9mm, .40, .45, 10mm, .300blk, and you can clean it because it's serviceable. It's also full auto rated if you ever decide to buy a machine gun. I wouldn't buy an osprey, too many disadvantages over the octane. This is generally the order to purchase I recommend to everyone:

.22 can (high quality)
                    .308 can
                    .45 can
                    9mm

Always cover the higher calibers first because you can use sub calibers on them. Then eventually work your way down to the sub caliber specific stuff. For instance a .223 can, it only works on .223, that's it - reserve that for one of your last cans.
                    Last edited by CJ; 04-08-2014, 10:15 PM.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Does anyone know for sure what will happen if / when they require leo signatures on all trust members but you live in a place where they won't sign off? For alot of us it won't be an issue, but for many it is a huge concern.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                        Does anyone know for sure what will happen if / when they require leo signatures on all trust members but you live in a place where they won't sign off? For alot of us it won't be an issue, but for many it is a huge concern.
                        This
                        "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                        http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                        Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                        http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                        www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                          I dunno, a .22 machine gun surpasses that I think. I love shooting CJ's.
                          smiles per dollar...

but yes, 22 machine gun is very fun. About to get a setup for mine, hopefully.
                          "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                            smiles per dollar...

but yes, 22 machine gun is very fun. About to get a setup for mine, hopefully.
                            It provides a lot of smiles.

I do agree though, a .22 suppressor is probably the best NFA item to own.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post

You'd probably have to move on to state wide officials or federal. State attorney general, chief of DPS, appeals court judges, or federal judges.

Comment

You'd probably have to move on to state wide officials or federal. State attorney general, chief of DPS, appeals court judges, or federal judges.
                                Will none of them provide the rejection in writing?
                                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                                X