No announcement yet.

Pistol for the wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A man has to be frucking nuts to give his wife a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      A .357 revolver is the absolute best selection. Load it with .38 and she can move up to 3 higher powers at her leisure. It can grow with her experience.
      My wife has a 357 Mag, but its too bulky for her to carry, so I got her the Kel Tec PF9. Simple to use and small, but good defense at close range.

I have to say that the 357 is a good learner with 38's.
      Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        A man has to be frucking nuts to give his wife a gun.
        Not like he loaded it or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
          Revolver is the only way to go for an inexperienced woman. No slides to rack, no safeties to fumble with. I told her to just aim and pull the trigger till that fucker goes click!

Thats pretty much what I am thinking at this point!

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Comment

I picked up a taurus 709slim for the house. The girl has already shot my P229 and a friend's xdm 9 and 45. We'll get her comfortable on the small 9, and then she can shoot whatever she wants from there. Will probably pick her up whatever she wants once she passes her CHL class in late Dec.

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter Y2K Z28 View Post
              S&W 642 Hammerless.

I didnt want my wife to worry about running the slide on an auto if anything went wrong, even though she is pretty good with most weapons she picks up.
              Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
              +1 on the revolver +10000 on taking her to a range to let her shoot different models until she finds something she is comfortable with.
              Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              A .357 revolver is the absolute best selection. Load it with .38 and she can move up to 3 higher powers at her leisure. It can grow with her experience.
              All the auto suggestions are FAIL.
              The dead simplicity of revolver is the only way to go. Pull it out, point, and shoot. repeat step 3 (4-5 times)

My girl carries an SP101 in .357 mag, loaded with 38 hollow points.
              If you can find it, an SP101 in 327 federal would be nice.
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

glock 26, subcompact 9mm
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

You also could look at a LadySmith.
                  Micheal
                  Rio Red 99 Cobra
                  Born: 5/29/99 - #948 of 4,040
                  504.2 rwhp/439.2 rwtq-Yep it's BAD ASS!
                  2004 Cobra Vert
                  Because I always wanted a vert
                  2007 Silverado
                  Black on Black, On 22'' Chrome Bitch!
                  The Good Looking One's Ride
                  1999 Ford Ranger 4x4
                  Wood Hauler
                  1994 Miata
                  Daily Driver, Damn it needs a V8
                  Silver 92 5.0 Coupe
                  Project Father and Son track whore has begun!

Comment

Originally posted by GTBrian23 View Post
                    Like the title says, looking for something for the wife...something that could be a concealed carry but mainly for home defense. She has never shot a gun before and I am not extremely knowledgeable. Are there places you can go to test guns out to see which caliber/style is the best for her to shoot before actually purchasing something? Thanks for the input!

Rugar LCP .380
                    Originally posted by The King
                    I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

442/642

Comment

XD-9 Service 4" model. So easy to shoot.
                        Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GTBrian23 View Post
                          Like the title says, looking for something for the wife...something that could be a concealed carry but mainly for home defense. She has never shot a gun before and I am not extremely knowledgeable. Are there places you can go to test guns out to see which caliber/style is the best for her to shoot before actually purchasing something? Thanks for the input!
                          If you are in waco. which is what it said under your screen name. You can make a day of and drive to champion fire arms in College Station. You can test some there. Also Just Glocks in killeen. Like the the name implies they only carry glocks. He let my wife fire two rounds in a 23 and 19 so she could know which one she wanted. She liked the 19. Bought her a 19 and me another 23.

Comment

My ol lady loves shooting my Glock 19.

I do not let her carry or own a gun because I do not think she will use it if needed. That's something you need to think about

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                              All the auto suggestions are FAIL.
                              The dead simplicity of revolver is the only way to go. Pull it out, point, and shoot. repeat step 3 (4-5 times)

My girl carries an SP101 in .357 mag, loaded with 38 hollow points.
                              If you can find it, an SP101 in 327 federal would be nice.

x2

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                                My ol lady loves shooting my Glock 19.

I do not let her carry or own a gun because I do not think she will use it if needed. That's something you need to think about
                                I used to think the same until my wife drew down on a Glenn Heights Police Officer in our backyard while I wasn't home. She absolutely hates guns, yet didn't hesitate to grab mine when she thought the babies were threatened.

Comment

Working...
                                X