X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminator: Dark Fate

Ya, Cameron said the other Terminators stunk. This picks up after T2:

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

This does look better than the last couple... As far as James Cameron's opinion, he was "a fanboy" of Genisys(sp?). Or at least he was paid to say he was which is probably worse than actually being a fanboy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Xx9agRgS4[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
      This does look better than the last couple... As far as James Cameron's opinion, he was "a fanboy" of Genisys(sp?). Or at least he was paid to say he was which is probably worse than actually being a fanboy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Xx9agRgS4
      I liked 1 & 2 a lot and the rest have gotten worse
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Xx9agRgS4
        He lost the rights to Terminator after T2. He owns the rights again. I suspect he sold it to help keep interest in it until he got the rights back.

Comment

Old Man Terminator and the Powerpuff Girls

No Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
            He lost the rights to Terminator after T2. He owns the rights again. I suspect he sold it to help keep interest in it until he got the rights back.
            He sold the rights to keep interest in the franchise until he could get the rights?

Comment

Even though I'm into the terminator series, I'll wait for this one to come on the SciFi channel a few months after it comes out...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'll likely catch it in a matinee. I've liked the series except for maybe the third one.

Comment

T2 was the best of the Terminator series....T1 as antiquated as it was with the limited FX of the day...is a close 2nd. All the ones after T2 sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    He sold the rights to keep interest in the franchise until he could get the rights?
                    There was a time when James Cameron, who now has both "Titanic" and "Aliens" to his name, was an unknown Canadian director.
                    " Pirahna Part Two: The Spawning" was the only film credit to his name.

Because he wasn't an established name, nobody trusted him to direct "The Terminator," a crazy time travel story involving robots that he literally dreamed up.

In order to bring his own idea to life, Cameron had to sell the rights to it for an incredibly low amount of money.

Cameron told the Toronto Sun back in 2009, he sold the rights to the original film for $1 to producer Gale Anne Hurd. The stipulation of this agreement was that Cameron would be allowed to direct "The Terminator."

"The Terminator" went on to make $78.4 million worldwide on a reported $6.4 million budget and launch a TV series and four sequels. The most recent sequel, " Terminator Genisys," opens on July 1.
                    Cameron isn't doing too badly right now, but he still deeply regrets this decision.

"I wish I hadn't sold the rights for one dollar," Cameron told the Toronto Sun. "If I had a little time machine and I could only send back something the length of a tweet, it'd be — 'Don't sell.' "

Since the release of "The Terminator" in 1984, the franchise has grossed a total of $1.4 billion worldwide.

Cameron's decision also had major consequences on the future of the franchise. Because Cameron didn't own the rights, they bounced around from company to company over the years. A new trilogy, starting with "Genisys" was launched in a hurry.

However, James Cameron gets the "Terminator" rights back in 2019.

It has been 24 years since "Terminator 2: Judgment Day," but fans could see Cameron's fingerprints on the beloved franchise again very soon.
                    “If I had a little time machine and I could only send back something the length of a tweet, it’d be — ‘Don’t sell.’ ”

Comment

I'd kinda like too see it back too old school type termis,enough with all this liquid metal transformer terminators. Have them like arnold in the 1st movie,just hard too kill machines that look like humans.
                      satisfaction is the death of desire...

its still "We the people"...right?

Comment

Originally posted by mightyp View Post
                        I'd kinda like too see it back too old school type termis,enough with all this liquid metal transformer terminators. Have them like arnold in the 1st movie,just hard too kill machines that look like humans.
                        The greatest sequel of time had liquid metal transformer terminators.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          The greatest sequel of time had liquid metal transformer terminators.
                          hmm...one of the greatest sequels for sure,but I think Aliens might be the best sequel ...I see your point,just always liked arnold as the bad guy,not a boy and his terminator version
                          satisfaction is the death of desire...

its still "We the people"...right?

Comment

Anybody catch this yet? Probably going to go see it after work today.

Comment

When are the Alien and Terminator crossovers going to start happening?

Comment

Working...
                              X