Movies.... Semi Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies.... Semi Rant

Has anyone else noticed that they are just not going to the movies as much these days?

I think its a combination of factors:

The movies themselves (with notable exceptions) suck immensely.
    Stock plots, wooden characters, terrible writing, SJW bullshit shoehorned into things where it makes no sense at all...
    Reboot this... sequel that....
    I just heard that they are rebooting License to Drive.... You know, that shitty "Two Coreys" movie from the 80s?
    Now its 2 chicks... Why? Who pays money to watch something like this?

The people you have to sit with are inconsiderate assholes who just can't seem to turn electronic devices off no matter what is going on in the "real" world.... or shut the F up. I think I even saw one chick face timing or "vlogging" (just heard of the term yesterday.... being old sucks) actually during the movie in the dark..... its unreal.

The Prices.... especially during prime time hours with food\etc

---------------------------

I used to go to the movies ALL the time. Maybe once every two weeks.

Now its once every 3 months.

Many have been saying that movie theaters are going to go away and to be honest.... if we could get a valid streaming first run movie option via internet I would never go to a cinema again.

We go maybe once or twice a year. I'd rather sit at home and drink watching it in my underwear.

Comment

Whatever you say man.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        Whatever you say man.

Not debating you on that.... My step son's favorite phrase:
        "Dude, It's 2019..."

Comment

blake wins today. going to be hard to touch that one bros.

perfect.

Comment

I'm happy with my audio/video setup so I mostly watch from home. Only go if it's something my youngest really wants to see.

Comment

I still go to the movies. Take a pocket full of pennies for the talkers / cell phoners.

Comment

i haven't been to the movies in almost 2 yrs! super hero movies and remakes is all they make and are profitable.

Ford v Ferrari (2019) is the only movie I'm excited to see this year.

Comment

Same. My wife and I agree, I'm going to make a fucking stellar old man.

Comment

We go on average twice a month. We like to go have a few drinks and watch a movie to help sober up, sometimes that includes a nap and a "wtf is going on in this movie" moment.

Comment

I go late on Sundays so the theater is empty. I have been doing that since forever though. I just saw Crawl the other day and it was worth a trip to the theater, but yeah, less and less every year. Even strolling through my 4 movie apps last night I was like mehhh, not even anything worth renting.

Also remaking shit like the lion king and trying to make the animals look real. Why? Animals are talking! I expect that shit to look like a cartoon.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                        Also remaking shit like the lion king and trying to make the animals look real. Why? Animals are talking! I expect that shit to look like a cartoon.
                        Guaranteed shit like that movie will have activists anthropomorphize the fuck out of every real animal situation.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                          We go maybe once or twice a year. I'd rather sit at home and drink watching it in my underwear.
                          Same here, maybe minus the underwear.

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                          Same. My wife and I agree, I'm going to make a fucking stellar old man.

My wife tells me I'm going to be that guy as I get older! Though, I'd probably have motion sensors shooting people with sprinkler heads as they walk through my grass.

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                          I go late on Sundays so the theater is empty. I have been doing that since forever though. I just saw Crawl the other day and it was worth a trip to the theater, but yeah, less and less every year. Even strolling through my 4 movie apps last night I was like mehhh, not even anything worth renting.

Same here, if we go, we try to plan for off hours when the theater will be somewhat empty. Much less dealing with mouth breathers in those situations.

We are going to the movies more now than we have in recent years. My wife grew up on Disney, so she has wanted to see all of the new live action stuff. Our son just turned 3, so we have been going to see some of the cartoon movies and stuff that he likes.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I thought I was the only one, but is it us or is it the movie industry?
                            If they spent a fraction of time being creative and not political militants then they may have better creative minds. Add this to the younger generation of directors/writers who basically have tied their own hands on being non-PC. I just watch (a little) news and HG/DIY or a non political sports game anymore.

Comment

Going to the show anymore costs a fortune, we only go to Cinemark on Tuesdays IF there is anything worth watching, $5.50 per, we have the Cinemark re-usable bucket for popped corn and drink, we share it. Total to watch any digital movie is right under $20.00 for two.
                              We also go as early as possible and we eat an early dinner with the silver hairs so as not spend a small fortune on track food.

My friend decided to take his 4 nephews, his son and daughter, her friend and his buddy to help corral the kids. They went to see a Toy Story in Real 3D, total for the 9 people, $157.xx, he looked at the ticket person asked if it was correct, took all the kids back home. I was lmmfao, he said he said two of the 7 kids were upset and crying, but he said he wasn't going to pay that + popped corn, drinks and shit. He asked me what I would have done, I told him I probably would have chalked it up as a learning lesson and paid the ransom for being a good uncle...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X