No announcement yet.

Weed use can lead to kidney failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never smoked weed because it is illegal and I am a Nancy boy. But I have many successful and intelligent friends who do. I would try it if it were legal.

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
      I saw a dumb ass ad that said that weed promotes lung health.
      I think cigarette companies said the same thing

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well this is an old ass thread and my perspectives have changed a ton on this lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
          Well this is an old ass thread and my perspectives have changed a ton on this lol.
          Expound.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
            Guess mine hasn't. Still could give a shit if you smoke it. I have no interest. Just don't do stupid shit while high (unless you film it and no one gets hurt)..
            That said, I think the jury is still out on what the current weed is doing to people. Its got way more THC than it used to . Ive seen some studies saying its causing some long term issue for people.. They need to study this better I think. Til then, smoke it if you got it..

Comment

I have seen actual long term issues for years in people. Paranoia is the biggest one. Lack of ambition is the other. Then mixing it with say Xanax has caused shit. Lots of long term smokers in Lancaster that would probably hit it once a day. Same with alcohol though. You can see the signs of alcoholism. I had a kid last week tell me marijuana cured cancer. It may help with the pain and ease the nausea associated with chemo but fucking cure it! No way you can cram any kind of smoke into your lungs that is going to be great for your body. I am very open minded on the subject, but lets not go crazy. He also told me it worked better than his bi polar meds. On that, I say maybe. I still say fuck all the shit like meth, crack and the other assorted sketchy misc drugs. Those turn people into fucking skeleton squirrels.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                He also told me it worked better than his bi polar meds. On that, I say maybe. .
                I was a HUGE skeptic on CBD for anything. Close friend has a son with autism. He's prone to outbursts and has anxiety issues. At the direction of their doctor, they tried CBD. Its made a HUGE difference in their son. He rarely has outbursts now and is doing better. These are people I trust, not just some internet garbage.
                So , I think there's something there for some people.
                On a side note, I have a German Shepherd with a CRAZY drive. I exercise him regular. He has separation anxiety. We tried some "hemp" chews from the vet. Works pretty well in chilling him when we need to leave him for a long day.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                  I was a HUGE skeptic on CBD for anything. Close friend has a son with autism. He's prone to outbursts and has anxiety issues. At the direction of their doctor, they tried CBD. Its made a HUGE difference in their son. He rarely has outbursts now and is doing better. These are people I trust, not just some internet garbage.
                  So , I think there's something there for some people.
                  On a side note, I have a German Shepherd with a CRAZY drive. I exercise him regular. He has separation anxiety. We tried some "hemp" chews from the vet. Works pretty well in chilling him when we need to leave him for a long day.
                  I don’t have anything for the kiddo except that’s awesome.

Any “real” GSD will have those exact traits. That’s what makes them a GSD and why people like me want one as a pet. Family first. That crazy drive is why they are ultimate defenders. Don’t own a dog that’s doing his/her job to perfection and dope it up for your lack of ability to choose the correct breed for your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                    Any “real” GSD will have those exact traits. That’s what makes them a GSD and why people like me want one as a pet. Family first. That crazy drive is why they are ultimate defenders. Don’t own a dog that’s doing his/her job to perfection and dope it up for your lack of ability to choose the correct breed for your needs.
                    LOL, he's 7. and a real German bloodline. I've had Shepherds since I was a kid. I can handle the breed and understand their needs (hell I had a Malanois).We walk and chase balls every morning and evening. Wife is retired and with him all day. She went away for a weekend trip. I needed to go to the shop early on a Sunday morning to shoot some paint before it got hot. He didn't get his walk first thing.. I suffered the consequences.. He wanted out. Sometimes, he needs a little help chilling.

Comment

I have seen actual long term issues for years in people. Paranoia is the biggest one. Lack of ambition is the other. Then mixing it with say Xanax has caused shit. Lots of long term smokers in Lancaster that would probably hit it once a day. Same with alcohol though. You can see the signs of alcoholism. I had a kid last week tell me marijuana cured cancer. It may help with the pain and ease the nausea associated with chemo but fucking cure it! No way you can cram any kind of smoke into your lungs that is going to be great for your body. I am very open minded on the subject, but lets not go crazy. He also told me it worked better than his bi polar meds. On that, I say maybe. I still say fuck all the shit like meth, crack and the other assorted sketchy misc drugs. Those turn people into fucking skeleton squirrels.
                      Anyone abusing alcohol or Xanax isn’t changing much with pot, except to mellow themselves out some.

Mentioning weed among those two is akin to having a race car with a blower and nitrous and then praising the exhaust setup for being fast.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                        I was a HUGE skeptic on CBD for anything.
                        Why exactly?
                        WH

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                          Anyone abusing alcohol or Xanax isn’t changing much with pot, except to mellow themselves out some.

Mentioning weed among those two is akin to having a race car with a blower and nitrous and then praising the exhaust setup for being fast.
                          I was talking about people mixing weed and Xanax not a comparison of the two. I was also stating I can recognize a chronic weed smoker like I can an alcoholic. Another words, too much of either has effects on folks they don't see but everyone else does. Lung Cancer/kidney failure, your choice. Not to be confused with a weekender or monthly guy.

Also if you put a 1.5 inch exhaust on a blown, nitro car, wouldn't you hate on the exhaust for making the car slow?
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                            Why exactly?
                            I just figured it was the next "big thing". People were (and still are) touting this as the cure for everything . You hear the ads all the time now suggesting CBD for whatever your problem is. Couple that with a huge lack of scientific testing, then I'm a skeptic. BUT too, I'm a guy that rarely takes an ibuprofen .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                              i spent most of my youth smoking pot . still worked 12-14 hrs a day . could smoke a joint on the way to work and still get the job done. todays pot is a whole different story . no way in hell i could do that. the absolute best from the 80's 90's is like shit pot today . i stopped 10 years ago because i just couldn't function on it and didn't like being totaly numb between the ears . that and getting old as dirt . i believe legalization is going to end up being a mistake . decriminalize it yes but legal is a whole other issue . if for no other reason it is 10 times worse on your lungs.
                              Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              I’m going to go ahead and raise the flag.

Provide sources. Studies have already shown it to be less harmful.

You’re still inhaling smoke. Neither are good for your lungs. But please provide sources that state 10x worse. Or one that says it’s worse period.
                              I was talking about people mixing weed and Xanax not a comparison of the two. I was also stating I can recognize a chronic weed smoker like I can an alcoholic. Another words, too much of either has effects on folks they don't see but everyone else does. Lung Cancer/kidney failure, your choice. Not to be confused with a weekender or monthly guy.

Also if you put a 1.5 inch exhaust on a blown, nitro car, wouldn't you hate on the exhaust for making the car slow?
                              Fact. Weed smoke has never given anyone, ever, in the history of time, lung cancer. Not once. It has also never killed anyone from an overdose. Not once, ever.

Another thing, most people that smoke weed that don't have ambition while they smoke didn't have ambition before they smoked.

Also see: Reefermania

Lastly, it's not for everyone. Just like lobster or roller coasters... And that's okay.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                                Fact. Weed smoke has never given anyone, ever, in the history of time, lung cancer. Not once. It has also never killed anyone from an overdose. Not once, ever.

Another thing, most people that smoke weed that don't have ambition while they smoke didn't have ambition before they smoked.

Also see: Reefermania

Lastly, it's not for everyone. Just like lobster or roller coasters... And that's okay.
                                I think I meant liver for alcohol! There is no way that you could possibly believe that inhaling any type of smoke on a daily basis is good for your lungs. How about I just say lung disease. Do you work for Winston? The cigarette people said that for how many years? Random burning of anything and standing around can be hazardous to your health.

I asked every employer I came in contact with in Colorado how the legalizing of weed thing has gone. Got the same answer across the bored about lack of ambition and the people that have been attracted to Colorado. Could just be a millennial thing though. I am not a war on weed guy and I do believe there could possibly be some benefits for people with certain issues. But lets be honest it does not cure cancer!

The American Lung Association is concerned about the health impacts of marijuana use, especially on lung health. We caution the public against smoking marijuana because of the risk of damage to the lungs.
                                Last edited by kingjason; 08-12-2019, 10:38 AM.
                                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X