Bought my first Ford ever....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought my first Ford ever....

I’ve owned my new ‘19 Raptor for a week exactly today. Performance Blue, tech package, 802A, etc. super nice truck.

I traded an ‘18 GMC Sierra 6.2L, Z71, SLT loaded out. Super nice, smooth, ride, great engine.

So, I miss the 6.2L. Linear power, great sound. Rest of the truck, the Raptor is superior. I really like it. Not sure it’s worth almost 2x my Sierra, actually I’m pretty sure, it’s not. But, I bought the Raptor and it’s pretty badass. Performance Blue, with the blue Recaros and all the goodies. I got $4500 off sticker and only lost $5k on my Sierra with 18k miles.

My first Ford so I’m still getting used to it, been driving GM a long time. Good vehicles. Raptor looks promising though.
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Welcome to the club, I have seen an awfully high amount of Chevy owners switching to Ford trucks lately, it’s hard to deny how bad ass the new Ford trucks are
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
      I’ve owned my new ‘19 Raptor for a week exactly today. Performance Blue, tech package, 802A, etc. super nice truck.

I traded an ‘18 GMC Sierra 6.2L, Z71, SLT loaded out. Super nice, smooth, ride, great engine.

So, I miss the 6.2L. Linear power, great sound. Rest of the truck, the Raptor is superior. I really like it. Not sure it’s worth almost 2x my Sierra, actually I’m pretty sure, it’s not. But, I bought the Raptor and it’s pretty badass. Performance Blue, with the blue Recaros and all the goodies. I got $4500 off sticker and only lost $5k on my Sierra with 18k miles.

My first Ford so I’m still getting used to it, been driving GM a long time. Good vehicles. Raptor looks promising though.
      Wharz pics?

Comment

Hollar when you are ready to try out the 4x4!

Good choice too, they are bad ass trucks

Comment

Welcome to superior interior quality and modern performance!

Everyone I know that switched from a GM to an f series has said "I dont know why it took so long!".

And that's an awesome truck so great first choice. I'm not even sure I'd call it overpriced when you consider the warranty.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Can’t figure out how to upload pictures here. When I try to upload from my iPhone, Vbulletin says upload failed.... anyway, it’s Performance Ford Blue with the blue Recaro seats.

It is pretty nice, but my old 6.2 ‘18 Sierra was a nice truck too. That said, as mentioned before the Raptor is superior in all categories besides maybe engine. I wish they offered a nice hi-po V8 in the Raptor. It would be the perfect truck then.
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

old 6.2 ‘18 Sierra
              Oh man, a 2018?

Jesus, how were you driving something that old? Did you get picked on a lot for driving that Flintstones aged clapped out monstrosity?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                Oh man, a 2018?

Jesus, how were you driving something that old? Did you get picked on a lot for driving that Flintstones aged clapped out monstrosity?
                By old, I mean my previous vehicle. It wasn’t “old” obviously.
                Ford
                GM
                Toyota
                VAG

Comment

Congrats man. I’ve always wanted a raptor. I don’t know why they decided to only offer it in ecoboost though. Turbo’s are cool and all but I’d rather have the option to boost a big displacement motor after I buy it.

Are you an Aggie?

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                    Congrats man. I’ve always wanted a raptor. I don’t know why they decided to only offer it in ecoboost though. Turbo’s are cool and all but I’d rather have the option to boost a big displacement motor after I buy it.

Are you an Aggie?
                    Agreed, the EcoBoost is pretty nice, but I’d take a big displacement V8 anyday over it.

Yep, class of ‘99. I’m getting old....
                    Ford
                    GM
                    Toyota
                    VAG

Comment

Hell yeah. I’m ‘07. Getting old too.

Comment

Lot of people complaining that GM quality has gone down in the past decade. That your experience too?
                        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                          Lot of people complaining that GM quality has gone down in the past decade. That your experience too?
                          Actually, no. The Sierra I had was absolutely perfect the 20k miles I had it. Not one issue, just two oil changes. It was actually a great truck, I just got a good deal on the trade and the new Raptor so I decided to give it a try since I’ve always liked Raptors.

Honestly, I hope the Raptor holds up as well as the GM trucks and cars I’ve owned.
                          Ford
                          GM
                          Toyota
                          VAG

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post

They aren't a Dodge. My mom has a 15 Denali truck, ac compressor at 61k and some other minor issues I've not had in a Ford.

I've got a 15 Tahoe with 100k on it. It's been good. The interior quality is quite terrible, but otherwise a good ride.

I'm not die hard Ford, but I'm not daily driving any truck but a Ford with the current line up.

If they put the 7.3 in the raptor I'll be driving my first 1/2 ton daily for going on 14 years.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                              They aren't a Dodge.
                              I'm not die hard Ford, but I'm not daily driving any truck but a Ford with the current line up.

If they put the 7.3 in the raptor I'll be driving my first 1/2 ton daily for going on 14 years.
                              Ram is killing the game right now. I looked at them all when I bought my latest truck and still went back to the Ram, none could come close to the interior. Sport truck wise I will concede, Raptor hand down. Till 2021......

Comment

Working...
                              X