Laptop brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
    I would wait until black Friday to buy a laptop.

I just bought a TOSHIBA satelitte and I like it, its nothing fancy though.
    To be honest I'm not worried about laptops with pre-built spec that you'll find being sold on black friday. I'm buying to replace my current desktop but still have something portable, so I'll more than likely be ordering straight from the manufacturer. Nothing wrong with the deals that you can get at black friday, just those are built out to meet a specific price point and not so much a specific want/need from a customer.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      To be honest I'm not worried about laptops with pre-built spec that you'll find being sold on black friday. I'm buying to replace my current desktop but still have something portable, so I'll more than likely be ordering straight from the manufacturer. Nothing wrong with the deals that you can get at black friday, just those are built out to meet a specific price point and not so much a specific want/need from a customer.
      true !

My want/need was a laptop for the garage, so I didnt want to spend alot on something thats going to get torn up anyway.
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
      11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
        true !

My want/need was a laptop for the garage, so I didnt want to spend alot on something thats going to get torn up anyway.
        So far my only complaint with Toshiba is they don't seem to have much of an option for screens and it's bugging the shit out of me.
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

I've bought several hp pavilions over the past few years and have no complaints. My personal laptop is a hp pavilion i3 with a 15 inch screen and it has a rough life, going through airports and getting banged around in planes and rent cars every week, and it just keeps going. i picked it up off the shelf at best buy for around $600.

Comment

I lean more towards Dell's laptop's than I do anything else though I have owned Toshiba before and they were great.

Asus makes a great motherboard so I would definitely trust their Laptop's.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
              I lean more towards Dell's laptop's than I do anything else though I have owned Toshiba before and they were great.

Asus makes a great motherboard so I would definitely trust their Laptop's.
              I seriously can't believe how many models ASUS has...

Comment

What would you be using the laptop for?

Comment

I would recommend Asus as well. If you had asked me a couple of years ago, I would have told you Dell all the way, but here lately they have been slacking. My work laptop has already had the screen crap out as well as the keyboard. Older Dell Laptops (Latitude C and D series) would take a beating and keep working, but not impressed with their latest offerings.

Comment

What would you be using the laptop for?
                    This will be replacing my current desktop for the most part, so it'll be used for pretty much everything except gaming. However I don't want to skimp and go with integrated graphics because I plan to do some video editing with it. My thoughts were at least going with an i5 processor (probably the one that boosts to almost 3.2GHz) as well as 6Gb of RAM, which seems pretty standard these days. And to keep the weight down I'm looking at something that has a 15 or 15.6 inch screen, mainly because you can still get those screens that are 1080p with some laptops.

Other things I'll do with it:
                    graphic design (photoshop, illustraitor, premier)
                    listening to music
                    remote desktop support (mainly work stuff)
                    web browsing

Comment

Well this one is nice and I have looked at getting this for myself once or twice. It's a bit cheaper than an Asus but has a nice HD5650 video card. Thing is it's 768p but it has a LED screen. Are you going to use RDP to connect to an XP machine?

Buy TOSHIBA Laptop Satellite Intel Core i5 1st Gen 460M (2.53GHz) 4GB Memory 500GB HDD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 15.6" Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit L655-S5114 with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

I'd have many brands over the years. And be aware that it's just a brand name, the components are made from manufacturers all over the world. I've repaired virtually brand new machines that had different brands of SO-DIMM RAM from the manufacturer.

I personally like HP Pavilions because of the keyboard layout, weight, and battery life. They have been the best 6 cell laptop batteries I've experienced thus far.

Comment

Well this one is nice and I have looked at getting this for myself once or twice. It's a bit cheaper than an Asus but has a nice HD5650 video card. Thing is it's 768p but it has a LED screen. Are you going to use RDP to connect to an XP machine?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834214044
                          I've actually looked at this one and like it for the price. And yes i will user RDP to connect to an XP machine.

Comment

Ok just making sure, that won't be a problem having Win7 premium then.

What do you do for work anyways that you have to remote in from home?

Comment

One good thing about Dell is you can buy a no fault warranty called Complete Care. Its worth looking into, see if the brand you're going to buy sells it. Then you wont have to worry about the screen getting busted and having to shell out the cash to fix it. Once the keyboard starts getting worn out, you can call and request they replace it.

Comment

Ok just making sure, that won't be a problem having Win7 premium then.

What do you do for work anyways that you have to remote in from home?
                                I work for a company named ClubCorp, we're the worlds largest private club corporation, in which we own, operate, and manage private clubs. These clubs consist of golf and country clubs, dining and business clubs, hotels, and resorts. Over all I'm in the IT department doing everything from tech support to server support. I have an after hours phone and work on call if one of our clubs is having problems with something. I'll start keeping a laptop with me so I don't have to sit at home while on call, I can just VPN into my desk at work and remote a computer or server from there.

Comment

Working...
                                X