No announcement yet.

Sony hackers threaten "9/11 style attacks"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now every time a country doesn't like a movie they can get it pulled. Just throw around some threats and we will buckle. I say fuck NK and put that bitch on the internet for free for everybody to see.

Comment

Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
      Now every time a country doesn't like a movie they can get it pulled. Just throw around some threats and we will buckle
      The pussification of the United States continues....

Comment

Texas Theater to Show 'Team America' In Place of 'The Interview'

"We're just trying to make the best of an unfortunate situation," says James Wallace, creative manager and programmer at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema's Dallas/Fort Worth location

After Sony canceled the release of the North Korea assassination comedy The Interview, a Texas theater said it would swap the film with Paramount's 2004 film Team America: World Police for one free screening.

"We're just trying to make the best of an unfortunate situation," James Wallace, creative manager and programmer at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema's Dallas/Fort Worth location, tells The Hollywood Reporter.

American flags and other patriotic items will be given out by theater employees, Wallace says.

The plot of Team America, co-written by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, revolves around Kim Jong Il, the father of current North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un. The posters promoting the R-rated movie in 2004 included the tagline, "Putting the 'F' Back in Freedom."

In The Interview, Seth Rogen and James Franco's characters are tasked with assassinating Kim Jong Un.

The Alamo Drafthouse movie theater in Dallas, Texas, will be showing Team America: World Police in place of The Interview on Dec. 27 at 7 p.m. Wallace says that the Dallas/Fort Worth location is the only location as of now that is planning to screen the replacement film.

In a note on its website, the theater added: "THAT is how true American heroes will be celebrating this year, but if you want to let the terrorists win...well, that's your prerogative."

Sony canceled the release of The Interview earlier on Wednesday after the country's five largest theater chains all decided against showing the film, saying in a statement: "We respect and understand our partners’ decision and, of course, completely share their paramount interest in the safety of employees and theater-goers."
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
          Now every time a country doesn't like a movie they can get it pulled. Just throw around some threats and we will buckle. I say fuck NK and hack their servers so that they see nothing but that movie for a month straight.
          Fixed
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
            Ditto, what a fucking joke.
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
              Fixed

Comment

Well, studio's caved and redid several movies that portrayed China as the enemy because of pressure.

The remake of Red Dawn for example.

Comment

Of course, the movie could suck. Sony could have realized this. And with the recent hack, Sony could have faked the threats to create buzz about a shitty movie. Then they could take this as a way to pull it from theaters and increase DVD/download sales.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                    Of course, the movie could suck. Sony could have realized this. And with the recent hack, Sony could have faked the threats to create buzz about a shitty movie. Then they could take this as a way to pull it from theaters and increase DVD/download sales.
                    I would be on board with that theory until they announced that the FBI is now involved. Not that they can do anything about it, but a phony PR scam to that extent would fuck a lot of people up legally.

Comment

lol, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                        yup, and i still can't believe they pullied the movie, there was going to be no attacks at the theaters.

it's all a bluff, to see how weak we are getting

Comment

Well, they still haven't pulled the promos. Just saw one on Syfy

Comment

North Korea causing Hollywood to shut down and pull a movie sounds like the plot for a new Naked Gun movie. It feels like Lelsie Neilson should be running around the premier to thwart North Koreans, God rest his funny soul.
                            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                              Well, studio's caved and redid several movies that portrayed China as the enemy because of pressure.

The remake of Red Dawn for example.
                              They caved to China because they actually show movies in China.

Oh, and who were the new bad guys in red dawn...NK.
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

not that I would have seen it anyway, but sony caved and totally pulled the film.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X