No announcement yet.

Anyone tried a Purple mattress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serta is the shit but only lasts about 4 years if you ar 6'5 and 290.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
      Serta is the shit but only lasts about 4 years if you ar 6'5 and 290.
      Well, then try being 6'5 and 220.

Seriously do it so you don't die. You'll add 20 years to your life
      WH

Comment

We bought a Signature Sleep queen mattress from Amazon for $300 about 4 years ago. Put it in our guest room. It was one of those that comes smashed and rolled up and stuffed in a box, and you cut it open to let it expand like a can of biscuits. That sucker is extremely comfortable. So last year, when we needed a new King bed at the in-laws (we visit a lot), we got the same one, just bigger. It was like $450. For whatever reason, it's not as comfortable. It's okay, but just not the same. Go figure.

We have some fancy $5k mattress in our master at home, 5 1/2 years old now, and while it's fine, I don't think I'll ever spend that much on a mattress again. As long as I can get a decent one for 1/10th of that, I can replace them every couple of years and come out better. I'm a big boy, so no mattress is going to last a decade under me.

We have a King memory foam in our basement/mancave area, and that sucker is as firm as they get. It came with the house, so I don't know how old it is or what brand it is. When you first lay down on it, it's almost like laying on the ground, but it actually results in a pretty good night's sleep. I'm convinced that really firm is the way to go.

Anyway, I say go for the cheap bed in a box deals from Amazon. Look for good reviews. They are so cheap, that if it lasts 2-3 years, you win. A tall/firm one is probably going to be better than anything soft that won't support you for shit.

Comment

One thing you fellas need to think about also, and I made this mistake, box springs and memory foam do not mesh. Even though my bed is still comfortable, I think it would have been more supportive with the hard base. I just didn't look into it that much when I bought mine. I have been eyeballing bases though and they are about 150 at Costco. I a going to replace it then re evaluate if I want to get a new mattress again to try this experience with the right set up.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            One thing you fellas need to think about also, and I made this mistake, box springs and memory foam do not mesh. Even though my bed is still comfortable, I think it would have been more supportive with the hard base. I just didn't look into it that much when I bought mine. I have been eyeballing bases though and they are about 150 at Costco. I a going to replace it then re evaluate if I want to get a new mattress again to try this experience with the right set up.
            plywood is your friend .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
              plywood is your friend .

HA!

Yeah they really don't suggest anything specific, just hard as fuck and flat. You know, I do have 2x4s and some plywood in the shed.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

We still like our Purple mattress. No issues with it, super comfy and no sags in the spots where we sleep. Plus, if you sleep hot, this does not get those hot spots like our other mattress's did.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                  Well, then try being 6'5 and 220.

Seriously do it so you don't die. You'll add 20 years to your life
                  I used to be 380.

Comment

I paid ~1600 for a King size Winkbed (Firmer) in April, very happy with it after having months of back issues..

Every one of our mattresses are handmade-to-order by skilled bedsmiths in the USA with the finest, American-sourced materials. We offer a 120-night risk-free trial, free shipping, returns & exchanges, a full lifetime warranty, and best-in-class customer service.

They have a good warranty and all made in USA.
                    WRX

Comment

at 6'6 250 i destroy every bed we have tried in about a year or 2 . still ok but i dont like sleeping in a trench . may have to try a purple bed when we move .

Comment

I still rather like the Casper mattress we have but it has certainly deformed a bit over the years. We rotate it every year but I guess that isn’t enough. Also, the first five years of ownership saw me weighing 210-220lbs (I’m 6’2”). I’m now 180lbs.

But I’m keeping it for a few more years. Any sleep problems I have are from an autistic kid waking up in the middle of the night or pillows that don’t provide enough support for my oversized head.

Comment

we have the My Pillows and the My Pillow topper. helped the bed a lot .

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                            I'm 270lbs and had the sag on temperpedic and serta foam. I have had the purple mattress for over a year, no sag, and my shoulder pain went away. I'm very happy with my purple mattress
                            Agreed. I've had a purple over 2 years and no more sagging or rolling to the middle of the mattress pair that with an adjustable base and it's amazing. No more back or shoulder pain as well here.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                              I used to be 380.
                              Very good indeed.

Now keep it up, job's not finished! Get there, all the way to 220.

But I heard them mattresses stank. Got the stank on 'em. Pass. There's high quality mattresses that don't do that.
                              WH

Comment

I didn't feel like starting a new thread.

Update, the I-serta didn't make the long haul (5-6 years). And Sleep Experts fucked me on the replacement warranty on a technicality.

So after a couple of years of a on and off research and we finally got tired of waking up sore. I went and bout a Saavta HD. It seems well made and and is very comfortable. The Classic is the next one down (both Hybrids) but, I went with the HD as it seemed to have more Firmness. It was expensive and i'm LOL at myself in this thread as "would never" spend $5k on a mattress.
                                The lifetime warranty as long as you buy the foundation (boxsprings) and 365 day guarantee, which basically you pay $150.00 and they pick it up and refund your money, at which point you can exchange it or go buy something else. The lifetime is also a one-time deal, but you have to have it 3 yrs, I think.
                                So far going on day 4 and I'm sleeping like a baby and we are both not waking up sore and we feel like we are actually getting some rest.
                                Made in the USA and delivery was quick, like 5 days.
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X