Sony hackers threaten "9/11 style attacks"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony hackers threaten "9/11 style attacks"

Sony has been getting pretty beaten up through this whole thing, and this ain't going to help.

Hackers calling themselves Guardians of Peace made ominous threats Tuesday against movie theaters showing Sony Pictures’ film The Interview that referenced the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

The group also released a trove of data files: what they called the beginning of a “Christmas gift.” But GOP, as the group is known, included a message warning that people should stay away from places where The Interview will be shown, including the upcoming premiere. Referencing 9/11, it urged people to leave their homes if located near theaters showing the film.

The Interview is a comedy in which Seth Rogen and James Franco star as television journalists involved in a CIA plot to assassinate North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. Its New York premiere is scheduled for Thursday at Manhattan’s Landmark Sunshine, and is expected to hit theaters nationwide on Christmas Day. It premiered in Los Angeles last week.

Patrick Corcoran, spokeman for the National Association of Theater Owners, wouldn’t comment on the threats.

Speculation about a North Korean link to the Sony hacking has centered on that country’s angry denunciation of the film. Over the summer, North Korea warned that the film’s release would be an “act of war that we will never tolerate.” It said the U.S. will face “merciless” retaliation.

The FBI has said that it is investigating the attack but has declined to comment on whether North Korea or another country was behind the attack.

Separately Tuesday, two former employees of Sony Pictures Entertainment sued the Culver City, California company for not preventing hackers from stealing nearly 50,000 social security numbers, salary details and other personal information from current and former workers.

The federal suit alleges that emails and other information leaked by the hackers show that Sony’s information-technology department and its top lawyer believed its security system was vulnerable to attack, but that company did not act on those warnings.

The hackers behind the Sony breach release a new batch of data and threaten theaters that are screening 'The Interview'

Lots of bluffing, and it will prob just make the movie do better.

Comment

I could handle the value on my ak going up.

Comment

The #1 Independent news service in the world, battling globalism and promoting a pro-human future worldwide. Infowars is Tomorrow's News Today.

They will be here training for a couple of weeks...

Comment

Guardians of Peace, or GOP as they're known... really, GOP. I wonder who decided to use that annogram first.
          "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedD1 View Post
            http://www.infowars.com/black-helico...-forces-drill/

They will be here training for a couple of weeks...
            Bad ass. I'd welcome that shit.
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

LOL, they have a computer in NK?

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                LOL, they have a computer in NK?
                They have much grandest computer in the entire world... according to their government.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  North Korea warned that the film’s release would be an “act of war that we will never tolerate.” It said the U.S. will face “merciless” retaliation.
                  I just love when they say stuff like that. It makes me laugh so hard. Kimmy must have made his people watch Red Dawn and told them it was a documentary.

Comment

tin foil hat time. This nk stuff is just sony pr trying to hype the movie before american sniper and unbroken are released

Comment

I find it funny as hell NK is all torqued over a movie.

And 9/11 attacks? Wow...just bluffing.
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Bluff or not, a lot of the major theater chains have now pulled it.

In the wake of terrorist threats against theaters showing 'The Interview', Sony has told theaters owners they can pull the movie if they want.

EDIT - Update, Sony scrapped the theatrical release
                        Sony Pictures has made official what has been painfully obvious to everybody since yesterday morning, when hackers threatened to blow up movie theaters if The Interview was released next week. The studio has officially scrapped its release plans. Sony had little choice here, after the major theater chains announced earlier today they would not display […]

Comment

Was just reading that. What a bunch of bullshit. I was actually going to see it opening day to give it some support.

Comment

Damn can't NK take a freaking joke??-sensitive MF'ers

Comment

Hilarious that this pissed them off but Team America didn't.
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                              X