GT350R at MSR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT350R at MSR

Took it to MSR yesterday fast lap of 1:25.2 but it has more in it. First time out with the car and first time at MSR in about 5-6 years. Overall I was very impressed with the car. Amazing for a stock Mustang.

Last edited by KWClutch; 08-28-2016, 12:21 PM.

No workie

Comment

So fast i never even saw it!

Comment

Fixed.

Comment

Looks like it sticks really well. Nice and flat through the turns. I didn't see a whole lot of oversteer or understeer. Is that factory exhaust? Tires?
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Cool mate!

This is in Houston?

Comment

Originally posted by Blandnuts View Post
              Cool mate!

This is in Houston?
              Pretty sure that is Cresson

Comment

nice run and congrats on the car, remember we talking about it when i got my gt a few months ago.

Comment

Car is stock. Comes on Cup2s. Still getting a feel for the car but it was easy to drive it at that limit. This is Motorsport Ranch in Cresson.

Comment

For sure Cresson. The short/top end.
                    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

So. Much. Coasting! Sorry. Not bad for getting back in the groove. From the looks of it....I'd say the car has a 1:22 or maybe a 21 in it with a good driver at the wheel. Considering the American Iron record is VERY low 1:21 (I think), that is moving for a street car BUT you do have a LOT more hp than an AI car does. You should bring that bad boy down to TWS for the next PDS event here in September. You'll enjoy the track and if you feel frisky and are generous....I'd LOVE to finally get a lap time in one of those buggers to put the gestimates and bench racing to rest and see just how close to the vettes I can get to with one...or hell, even how close to my race car with one. Anyway, glad to see someone actually using one on the track!

BTW....next time, tell Terry to get the fuck out of your way in that damn FRS!!!! lol!

Comment

Yeah, decent lap, but you drive like a timid girl. Give this car to a real racer like Aggie97 and let him show you how it's done!
                        Ford
                        GM
                        Toyota
                        VAG

Comment

For comparison I am running 23's with 260rwhp/3100lb. Foxbody on toyo rr's
                          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                            For comparison I am running 23's with 260rwhp/3100lb. Foxbody on toyo rr's
                            Cresson is a handling track..HP doesn't play much into it on the 1.7 as there really isn't a long straight to stretch legs. I've run a deep 20.x in qual/practice on RA1's in AI trim before and even as my car sits now, likely only runs 1:17's or 1:18's ONLY because of the tire and my 10k+ laps there...not necessarily the HP.

The Michelins that come on the R are sticky but at 3800#, they give up the ghost pretty quick when pushed hard. One mild warm up lap, then maybe 2 laps and they are toast. Can't really enjoy the car for a full session without them getting greasy.

Comment

The R is 3649 with half a tank of gas.

Comment

Working...
                              X