What makes the bible true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
    So Jesus's existence annihilated the requirements of the first part of the old testament for men to enter heaven? In other words, if you follow the new testament...the old testament laws, don't really apply? Isn't that the same as the Muslim beliefs?
    Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
    I'm only asking because the majority that I've read of the bible is the old testament. Why? Because when you go to church they typically only preach the new testament. The old testament only seems to be brought up when it's convenient.
    Jesus didn't annihilate the Old Testament Laws, rather He completely fulfilled them on our behalf. By following His teachings recorded in the New Testament, including believing in and accepting Him into your life, you will by proxy be keeping the Old Testament Laws. An incredible gift in my and many, many others opinions.....

In Christianity, the Old Testament is viewed as the Promise of God, and the New Testament as a record of His keeping that Promise. Since Jesus is the entire basis for Christianity, naturally most churches are going to preach about topics from the New Testament. Personally I like the Old Testament as well, for it's historical accounts and prophecies, many of which foretold the gift of Jesus.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
      Jesus didn't annihilate the Old Testament Laws, rather He completely fulfilled them on our behalf. By following His teachings recorded in the New Testament, including believing in and accepting Him into your life, you will by proxy be keeping the Old Testament Laws. An incredible gift in my and many, many others opinions.....

In Christianity, the Old Testament is viewed as the Promise of God, and the New Testament as a record of His keeping that Promise. Since Jesus is the entire basis for Christianity, naturally most churches are going to preach about topics from the New Testament. Personally I like the Old Testament as well, for it's historical accounts and prophecies, many of which foretold the gift of Jesus.
      But... We've already been over this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Look, there are several stories in the Bible that have scientific results supporting that it could have happened, but there are several "could have been's" for everything. Since recorded history from that time can't prove anything that happened from that time period, your question has no answer.

There is only belief in what the Bible says is true since that is what it was created for in the first place. Then again, there is only belief in what any recordings from that far back says. If youdon't believe in what it says solely on wanting solid proof, then any recordings of events are unbelieveable to you, right?
        My simple answer is yes!

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
          Leviticus and Deuteronomy are part of the Pentateuch, or Torah, that are the first five books of the Old Testament. Ask our Jewish friends whether they adhere to the Law of Moses recorded in the Torah. I am not Jewish so I am not qualified to say. Regarding Christianity though, Jesus fulfilled mankind's part of the First Covenant detailed in the Torah, so all of mankind can now be reconciled to God through Jesus rather than individually and/or collectively practicing the Law of Moses. The Law was never done away with, and it does apply to Christians as well, but it has been fulfilled on our (and everyones) behalf.
          We are all Jewish... We all want to pay the least amount of money for any good or service rendered!

Comment

Working...
          X