DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Armory

The Armory The definitive firearms forum of DFW Mustangs.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:16 AM   #61
IHaveAMustang
RIP DFWstangs.net

Don't know what to tell you. Not a single FTF when running Federal. Blasted through a 30 target shotgun only station, then had to hit (2) steel plates at 75 yards with slugs, then 2 steel plates with buckshot. Got top 10 score on that station that day.

So apparently not really the worst you can buy. I know for a fact I beat out Benelli's and Berettas at that station.

I still got like 200th overall lol - I am not good at pistol or rifle.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:19 PM   #62
Jose
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vfromhell View Post
Damn. that sounds fun. how much was the fee to take the class?
So the class was $265, which I thought was a little pricey then. Looking back now what I have paid for other classes and it's about right for a day on a private range.

I'm actually thinking about signing up for a class there (east of Austin) at the end of the month, it's only $160 but with a different instructor. It's a shotgun/lever action class. Let me know if you want the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vfromhell View Post
I put a new buttpad on my 1301 and it really helped.
So I didn't get the chance to try the instructors 1301, he had a Magpul stock on it with the LOP (length of pull) adjusted to be shorter than stock. Can't remember off hand what is recommended but it's shorter than what is stock and having the shorter LOP is supposed to make it "softer" to shoot.

My shoulder bruised up the day after the class. Considering I won't normally shoot that many rounds through a shotgun I think I did alright. I'll probably do that Magpul stock though and maybe the forend as well.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:00 PM   #63
Gasser64
Lifer

Best home defense shotgun.

You just want to shoot in that direction (with little actual aiming) and have a high likelihood of hitting someone. Semi auto. Short for easy storage and ease of whipping it out. Just like Mike's dingaling. I only know cause I saw him try it on some chick at a party. It didn't go well.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:22 PM   #64
32vfromhell
Lifer

former Navy Seal and Trainer Sean Ryan doesnt like shotguns for home defence, he actually prefers a PCC. Just some new wisdom i saw, so Jose break out your MPX for the bedside gun =P
32vfromhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:51 AM   #65
S_K
Drive fast - live slow

I actually prefer a TAC 14\WitSec 870 for home defense. Try clearing your house with a full size rifle or shotgun. Then try it with something much shorter. You will see the difference quickly.
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 02:44 PM   #66
Nash B.
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
I actually prefer a TAC 14\WitSec 870 for home defense. Try clearing your house with a full size rifle or shotgun. Then try it with something much shorter. You will see the difference quickly.
SBR or braced AR/AK pistol
Nash B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:38 PM   #67
Jose
Lifer

Eh... For inside the house I'd still prefer a shotgun with a pistol at my side. Depending on the distance and the situation, even outside.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anti nay gun, forwhen nays break in, shoot nays get bitches, ventilate dem nays