• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Jones, love him or hate him

He let Piers Morgan have it.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2...firearms.html/

http://youtu.be/AtyKofFih8Y

Dallas-born, Rockwall-raised, Austin-based Alex Jones — given the title “the most paranoid man in America” by Rolling Stone in 2011 — is behind the deport Piers Morgan petition on the White House website, posted in response to the CNN host’s call for tighter gun-control laws following the massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, last month. Last night, the two squared off on CNN; their exchange has been making the virtual rounds ever since.

Morgan wanted to know: Why the petition? And he doesn’t say much after that.

“The Second Amendment isn’t there for duck hunting,” says Jones, who can occasionally be seen protesting the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas. “It’s there to protect us from tyrannical government and street thugs.”

He goes on: “1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms. Doesn’t matter how many lemmings you get out there on the street begging for them to have their guns taken from them. We will not relinquish them, do you understand?”

In related news, Politico noted last night that the White House will respond — at some point, probably … maybe — to the petition. Said spokesman Jay Carney, be patient. (Hey, we’re still waiting on this.) “In the meantime,” said Carney, “it is worth remembering that the freedom of expression is a bedrock principle in our democracy.”

Oh — and the InfoWars host almost didn’t even make the interview. Seems Jones had a run-in with the TSA at Austin-Bergstrom Airport when he refused to remove his shoes.

Piers Morgan is a douche, but AJ is an even bigger one. Why anyone gives either of those dipshits the time of day I'll never know.

Comment

That was painful to watch. Jones comes off as bat shit crazy, Morgan is an uptight douche.

Comment

Exactly my take on it. Definitely didn't help "the cause"...
        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

The time for calm, reasonable debate is coming to an end. The liberals will take any excuse they can and run with it. They aren't going to listen to us that still believe in the constitution. They are going to keep hammering away a little a time until they've destroyed it. We have to draw a line in the sand and do what needs to be done if they cross it. That is why I understand AJ's reaction.
          Last edited by line-em-up; 01-09-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

He comes off as nutty, why do you think they let him on the show. He was letting Piers have it though. Someone needs to do that.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

The left has its' fringe lunatics constantly getting air-play, so an occasional nutsy righty is fine with me. Piss on 'em. Let's shake that nut tree and see what falls out.

Comment

I used to listen to Jones just to hear the crazy topics. Then I'd just get too pissed off. I had to stop.

Kind of like listening to Al Sharpton, just the opposite end of the spectrum.

Comment

If the choices are only "Limited federal government/United States Constitution talk radio show host" I would have prefered Mike Church instead. That being said AJ is correct.

Comment

I couldn't finish it. They were missing each other's point and failed to debate.

Glad to see the gun rights activists look crazy....

Comment

Damn, he looks and sounds like a lunatic.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                        Damn, he looks and sounds like a lunatic.
                        I'm sure it pays well.

Comment

That dipshit does more harm then good for gun owners.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                            That dipshit does more harm then good for gun owners.
                            Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                              I'm sure it pays well.
                              What sucks is, he makes some valid points. But his delivery is all fucked up, and no one will take him seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X