No announcement yet.

Here you go you dumbs$%&#@

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The jesus character seems like a pretty chill fella. His love your neighbor like yourself is a nice message.

Mohammed seems like a cunt.

But the followers of both of these religions have been pretty cunty historically. Christianity was probably worse a long time ago, but now the islamists are really trying to catch up.

I could walk into a bar wearing a shirt mocking jesus and the worse that would probably happen is someone might talk a little shit. If I wear a shirt mocking mohammed in a muslim country, i could get my head chopped off with one of those curvy swords.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
      As an American Atheist I`d beg to differ with your comment and the OP`s view that Islam is historically more violent than Christianity.

First of all, we dont "bash" religions... ANY of them. We simply state we wish no part of it, and those that refuse to listen. We then refute them. Muslims arent the ones starting shit with us, it`s the evangelical righties that think since we dont accept Jesus Christ as out Lord and Saviour that we Atheists are somehow "attacking them", and then they go into their act of playing the victim. If they would simply leave us alone -- We`d all get along in peace. However, I dont EVER see them doing that because playing the victim all the time is a rather profitable business model for them.

From a modern Western perspective, I can see why someone would claim Islam was a more violent far more cruel doctrine. This way of thinking however forgets the fact that Christianity was killing people that either refused to accept its beliefs, or refused to accept the more widely held position on Christianity long before Islam was even a minor religious movement still stuck inside the Arabian Peninsula. If I can ever find the link there was a story written some years ago that took a guess on how many people both religions killed since they were founded, I`ll post it. Christianity was winning that gig by a large number mainly because the Muslims werent the ones sailing to the Americas and undertaking in large scale genocide campaigns that would have made even the Nazis jealous.
      Do you ever watch the news? Are you familiar with ISIS? Its well known that bin ladin alone has been responsible for the deaths of over 4,000 muslims, with estimations that have strong evidence to support that he may be responsible for more than 10,000. Also if you're familiar with christianity, you'll know that all the things you mentioned weren't actually carried out by christians. People who masquerade as them, maybe. But not christians. Those people don't follow the bible. If they did, and they believed in it, they wouldn't dare do ANY of those things lol. They'd believe that their reward for such behavior damn sure wasn't worth the behavior itself. I never understood how some people can't understand that evil people's favorite thing to do is masquerade as something perceived to be good. Its almost blatantly obvious, and has to be the oldest trick in the book.

In direct contrast however, Islam actually actively encourages such behaviors. I fail to see how you could ever call them the same or even similar. Might as well call Judaism the same, Buddhism, the same, Zoroastrianism the same, Jainism the same, Scientology the same, etc etc etc.
      Last edited by Gasser64; 04-15-2015, 03:56 AM.
      WH

Comment

...fingers furiously tapping keyboards to copy/paste from Google searches in here, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          Since when did Yale become an Obama supporting Isis sponsor?!

Thread posted about how much more violent islam is, and this guy goes straight to the Obama rhetoric stretching how violent Christ was...surprising.

On a serious note, I wouldn't call either worthless because they do help some people and accomplish goals. But the point of the OPs post is that one religion insights more violence. But of course its more fun to look past that point and bash the only religion that is cool to bash by american atheists.
          Religion of peace! Aloha snackbar!
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            Do you ever watch the news? Are you familiar with ISIS? Its well known that bin ladin alone has been responsible for the deaths of over 4,000 muslims, with estimations that have strong evidence to support that he may be responsible for more than 10,000. Also if you're familiar with christianity, you'll know that all the things you mentioned weren't actually carried out by christians. People who masquerade as them, maybe. But not christians. Those people don't follow the bible. If they did, and they believed in it, they wouldn't dare do ANY of those things lol. They'd believe that their reward for such behavior damn sure wasn't worth the behavior itself. I never understood how some people can't understand that evil people's favorite thing to do is masquerade as something perceived to be good. Its almost blatantly obvious, and has to be the oldest trick in the book.

In direct contrast however, Islam actually actively encourages such behaviors. I fail to see how you could ever call them the same or even similar. Might as well call Judaism the same, Buddhism, the same, Zoroastrianism the same, Jainism the same, Scientology the same, etc etc etc.
            Oh, but I DO watch the news. Your thread was about which religion was the most bloodthirsty. If you want to talk about it in a modern day context, then sure right now Islam is winning that contest. Overall, Christianity is the bigger winner in death dealings.

Also, you talk about people doing things in the name of Christianity.... Now there is a Christian COP OUT.... In the name of... or for the name of... It doesnt matter.... Killing for a cause is killing for a cause. Today Christians want to refer their "terrorists" as lone wolves and not representative of the Christian Faith as a whole.... Or in historical contexts things such as the Spanish Inquisition, the Counter Reformation, and the endless names of wars that were fought over Christ were really just evil men using Christianity as a means to their agenda

HOWEVER.... let a few radical Muslims do something in the name of ALLAH.... All MUSLIMS are terrorists.

Sorry, I see right through that hypocrisy.

Is there a problem with ISIS? Yes

Should we say screw the rest of the world and bomb them? YES!

While today you can be killed or kicked out of a Muslim country for doing blasphemy..... Those that like to parade that around should not forget some of the things their ancestors had to endure in "Christian Europe" before being exiled to America. Even then, the Puritans in New England were no better with people that didnt agree with their brand of religion.
            Last edited by Mongoose; 04-15-2015, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jasone View Post
              The jesus character seems like a pretty chill fella. His love your neighbor like yourself is a nice message.

But the followers of both of these religions have been pretty cunty historically. Christianity was probably worse a long time ago, but now the islamists are really trying to catch up.

I could walk into a bar wearing a shirt mocking jesus and the worse that would probably happen is someone might talk a little shit. If I wear a shirt mocking mohammed in a muslim country, i could get my head chopped off with one of those curvy swords.
              You would probably enjoy reading Voltaie`s Philisophical Dictionary then. Esp the entry titled " Religion "

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                Jesus and Mohammed are equally worthless.
                Totally agree. I'm not a religious person. But I respect other people's fate i just choose to believe in myself instead. I don't mean that in a cocky way religion just not my thing.
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

Also, you talk about people doing things in the name of Christianity.... Now there is a Christian COP OUT.... In the name of... or for the name of... It doesnt matter.... Killing for a cause is killing for a cause.
                  That's the point you're missing. Their "cause" doesn't follow their scripture at all. Have you ever been the slightest bit exposed to the bible? The reward for that type of behavior is, to say the least, quite unsavory. In no uncertain terms, it makes very clear what will happen to the people you're referring to. So I'm afraid you simply can't make that connection. That's like me claiming to be a vegetarian, going to their meets, participating, and then owning a cattle ranch and slaughtering cows myself and having big bbq cookouts. The comparison is frankly, ridiculous. So at this point I have to conclude that you know very little of what is actually in the bible, and the points and teachings that Jesus Christ was trying to get across.

Again, direct opposite, you have islam, which specifically tells its people to go out and butcher others. Why don't you just compare Hitler's manifesto to the constitution of the united states lol. A bicycle to the space shuttle would be another good one.
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    That's the point you're missing. Their "cause" doesn't follow their scripture at all. Have you ever been the slightest bit exposed to the bible? The reward for that type of behavior is, to say the least, quite unsavory. In no uncertain terms, it makes very clear what will happen to the people you're referring to. So I'm afraid you simply can't make that connection. That's like me claiming to be a vegetarian, going to their meets, participating, and then owning a cattle ranch and slaughtering cows myself and having big bbq cookouts. The comparison is frankly, ridiculous. So at this point I have to conclude that you know very little of what is actually in the bible, and the points and teachings that Jesus Christ was trying to get across.

Again, direct opposite, you have islam, which specifically tells its people to go out and butcher others. Why don't you just compare Hitler's manifesto to the constitution of the united states lol. A bicycle to the space shuttle would be another good one.

It certainly seems like you're the one that knows very little about the Bible. You're completely disregarding the entire Old Testament.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Cunty is right. Plus the money changers have largely replaced Christ in the Christian church at this point. Jesus is more profitable than oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        Cunty is right. Plus the money changers have largely replaced Christ in the Christian church at this point. Jesus is more profitable than oil.
                        Hey now. Do you want a fatwa? Keep the blows above the man dress.

Comment

Originally posted by Prophet Muhammad View Post
                          Hey now. Do you want a fatwa? Keep the blows above the man dress.
                          Solid gold.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Incites.

Comment

Speaking of the craziness of religion. There is a podcast called Dan Carlins hardcore history, he has an episode called prophets of doom. I highly recommend it. It is about the anabaptists right after Martin Luther in the city of muenster. Fascinating stuff

Comment

Speaking of the craziness of religion. There is a podcast called Dan Carlins hardcore history, he has an episode called prophets of doom. I highly recommend it. It is about the anabaptists right after Martin Luther in the city of muenster. Fascinating stuff
                                WTF that's ironic, I am listening to that right now, 4hrs long but worth it
                                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Working...
                                X