DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Pumpin' Iron

Pumpin' Iron Forum for any kind of work out discussions.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:25 PM   #41
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfast View Post
PM Sent
I have all the same questions/concerns. Mind sending me a pm with who to use? I am with bcbs and word around work is that they cover test therapy.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:19 PM   #42
lowfast
Beer and Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbscobravert View Post
I have all the same questions/concerns. Mind sending me a pm with who to use? I am with bcbs and word around work is that they cover test therapy.
I am BCBS and yes they do. Pm sent, just give me a second.

Work In Progress
lowfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:54 PM   #43
CWO

Anyone with updates from lab results?

I got my lab results back today. After 4 weeks of 0.3ml of testosterone injections weekly.

Testosterone serum: 277
Estradiol: 34

My energy and libido are both in the shitter.
CWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:03 PM   #44
Lone Star Performance
Time Served

Taking .3ml weekly is pointless. Anything less than 1- 2ml is not doing you any good.

How old are you?
Addison, TX 75001
214-630-5006
Lone Star Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:30 PM   #45
CWO

I'm 43
Old 05-29-2015, 05:55 AM   #46
lowfast
Beer and Cheese

Such a low does is actually detrimental as it stops your natural production yet is not enough to get you to normal levels, at least that is how I understand it.

Work In Progress
Old 05-29-2015, 06:20 AM   #47
CWO

The .3 weekly was a transition from the HCG I was taking for the last few months to the straight test injections weekly, at least that's how I understood it. I'm going to call my doctor today to see what the deal is. I can't really understand his notes on this lab report.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:35 PM   #48
Lone Star Performance
Time Served

Also, the point in TRT is to inject testosterone to completely replace what your body is producing (or lack there of)

Why would he have you taking HCG then? Normally that is taken after a steroid cycle to bring your natural test levels back up after the shutdown as part of Post Cycle Therapy.
Addison, TX 75001
214-630-5006
Lone Star Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:23 PM   #49
CWO

Tiny balls
Old 05-29-2015, 09:24 PM   #50
lowfast
Beer and Cheese

Some docs will also try a round of HCG to "kick start" your natural production if your numbers are low, especially in younger guys. Sometimes it does work.

Work In Progress
Old 05-30-2015, 11:34 AM   #51
CWO

Started a new regimen of .3ml hcg along with .6ml of testosterone weekly as of yesterday. I'll try this cocktail for 4 weeks and get retested.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:02 AM   #52
JPM
Punk Ass Newbie

Well, my appt is today at 4:30 and I still don't have my bloodwork back from labcorp. I guess I'll have to push it off a few days. I thought 7 days would be long enough. I'll report when I get it though.
JPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:42 AM   #53
davbrucas
Lifer
VIP Member

At 250mg of testosterone each week your total should be over 1000...lab error or you're not taking testosterone.

CWO, you should be on 1cc per week with an AI to maintain your E2 in acceptable range.
davbrucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:05 AM   #54
JPM
Punk Ass Newbie

Allright, got my results. Test was 1469 ng/dl and E2 was !!!70!!!. I couldn't believe it. The HCG made all the difference in the world I guess. I was taking 250mg test for 3 months and when i added HCG it took off. Now I will back off the test a little and add some AI to get the E2 down. Believe it or not, I don't really feel any different now that the level is up but that could be because of the E2. Something else I've been reading, says most people that go over 50 or 60 in E2 would have ED problems. That is certainly not the case here. I am happy that my levels are up, now I just need to stabilize them. I'll be back.
JPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:35 PM   #55
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche

Bringing back a kinda old thread... I was on TRT for about 1.5 years at Low T Center after testing very low. At the time I began I think I was about 32-33 and I'm now 35 and have been off it for about 1.5 years and I feel like crap. Always tired, no motivation, whatever... I know I'm likely in the same boat but honestly the cost was getting pretty out of control for weekly shots even with good insurance I still payed $30+ a week. I've been considering the TRT Pellets lately, anyone tried that and have any advice on it?

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:31 PM   #56
GeorgeG.
Lifer

I've been on 1cc of test for about 5 weeks now along with 100 iu anastrazole weekly. My libido is up for sure, I can see a little definition but my eating habits are still in the shitter and I don't do nearly enough cardio.

I plan to get some blood work done soon to see where my numbers are. Feeling pretty good so far though.
GeorgeG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:49 AM   #57
davbrucas
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeG. View Post
I've been on 1cc of test for about 5 weeks now along with 100 iu anastrazole weekly. My libido is up for sure, I can see a little definition but my eating habits are still in the shitter and I don't do nearly enough cardio.

I plan to get some blood work done soon to see where my numbers are. Feeling pretty good so far though.
You mean HCG? You do need to be on an AI regardless. Anastrazole not a good choice in men for TRT. It works, but it knocks estrone (good estrogen) down quite a bit and has less of an effect on estradiol (bad estrogen). Aromasin is a better option.
davbrucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:59 AM   #58
Cooter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
Bringing back a kinda old thread... I was on TRT for about 1.5 years at Low T Center after testing very low. At the time I began I think I was about 32-33 and I'm now 35 and have been off it for about 1.5 years and I feel like crap. Always tired, no motivation, whatever... I know I'm likely in the same boat but honestly the cost was getting pretty out of control for weekly shots even with good insurance I still payed $30+ a week. I've been considering the TRT Pellets lately, anyone tried that and have any advice on it?
maybe I'm jaded, but $30/wk to feel good is fucking nothing IMO

I used to spend 10x that on alcohol LOL

interested in this topic. I have been for years. I've just never been one to take any sort of medication/etc. (yet I self medicated with alcohol for years )

I think a big part of it is that I just don't trust anybody. Hence, I don't trust doctors. I'm not educated enough to know what's what. Take the example above where Tim got fed the wrong juice by a doctor who didn't tell him and probably didn't know TO tell him about side effects, etc.

I also have a paranoia of "ok, so I get on juice and it's the magic bullet and everything is great for 5-10yrs, and then they come out with some study and NOPE, you're not allowed to take this any more" and boom, crippling depression/lethargy/atrophied bawlz, etc.

I'm also (despite better logic) leaving the door open to kids. So I suppose I just need to educate myself in the mean time.

I was working on boosting natural test production this summer, and I think it was going well. Then I got injured. And because I'm not a test monster, the injury has been lingering and nagging (re-injury, etc.)

ok, I'm through rambling
Cooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:07 AM   #59
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
maybe I'm jaded, but $30/wk to feel good is fucking nothing IMO

I used to spend 10x that on alcohol LOL

interested in this topic. I have been for years. I've just never been one to take any sort of medication/etc. (yet I self medicated with alcohol for years )

I think a big part of it is that I just don't trust anybody. Hence, I don't trust doctors. I'm not educated enough to know what's what. Take the example above where Tim got fed the wrong juice by a doctor who didn't tell him and probably didn't know TO tell him about side effects, etc.

I also have a paranoia of "ok, so I get on juice and it's the magic bullet and everything is great for 5-10yrs, and then they come out with some study and NOPE, you're not allowed to take this any more" and boom, crippling depression/lethargy/atrophied bawlz, etc.

I'm also (despite better logic) leaving the door open to kids. So I suppose I just need to educate myself in the mean time.

I was working on boosting natural test production this summer, and I think it was going well. Then I got injured. And because I'm not a test monster, the injury has been lingering and nagging (re-injury, etc.)

ok, I'm through rambling
Yeah, I know for sure I drink too much but it was also a pain to have to go to the Dr. every week for a shot, it gets old man... I'm not having any more kids though, I'm already fixed and extremely happy about that.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:22 AM   #60
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
Yeah, I know for sure I drink too much but it was also a pain to have to go to the Dr. every week for a shot, it gets old man... I'm not having any more kids though, I'm already fixed and extremely happy about that.
Is that $30/wk including the Dr visit? Why not do it yourself? A needle/syringe is $0.25 and a vial will last couple months.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hit me bro, p.e.d. pin erry day, svo was mr olympia, yo mama, you gonna die