No announcement yet.

1967 Mustang coupe Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decided I’m gonna be going with 04 Cobra front seats instead of the 66 seats I ended up getting a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
      Decided I’m gonna be going with 04 Cobra front seats instead of the 66 seats I ended up getting a while back.

Well that's cool. Measure this. The seat bases are much higher on the newer seats. You may need to lower the seat risers for them to fit right.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        Well that's cool. Measure this. The seat bases are much higher on the newer seats. You may need to lower the seat risers for them to fit right.
        I put my fox seats on the factory slider.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          I put my fox seats on the factory slider.
          Fox seats are considerably shorter at the base than 04 Cobra seats. Don't contradict me in front of the kids, Nemesis.

Comment

Fox seats are considerably shorter at the base than 04 Cobra seats. Don't contradict me in front of the kids, Nemesis.
            I know that, that's why my tall ass used fox instead.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Eh seat purchase didn’t work out. I’ll be looking out for other seats

Comment

• Can somebody possibly do me a favor, and measure from the top of the rocker inside the car down to the floor pan? And if you could possibly measure it in three or four different spots from the front to the rear and see how even it is. I’m trying to get to the point where I can weld the floor in but I want to make sure I’ve got the line up high enough on the rocker before I weld it. Please please please

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
                  Can somebody possibly do me a favor, and measure from the top of the rocker inside the car down to the floor pan? And if you could possibly measure it in three or four different spots from the front to the rear and see how even it is. I’m trying to get to the point where I can weld the floor in but I want to make sure I’ve got the line up high enough on the rocker before I weld it. Please please please

I would, but I think there's a good chance 67-68 is different than 65-66. Also, it would be best to take those measurements on a car that doesn't have carpet and door sill trim installed.

Edit: Posted this for you. Give it a little time and see if anyone comes to the rescue.

Last edited by BLAKE; 04-23-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

I would, but I think there's a good chance 67-68 is different than 65-66. Also, it would be best to take those measurements on a car that doesn't have carpet and door sill trim installed.

Edit: Posted this for you. Give it a little time and see if anyone comes to the rescue.

https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/v...l#post10149736

Thanks dude. I’ll keep an eye on that post too

Comment

• And here’s your answer:

“I measured it at 4 7/8". 2 spots in front of seat riser and 2 spots in back. All the same. Fyi,i am measuring a fastback But it should be the same.“

Comment

And here’s your answer:

“I measured it at 4 7/8". 2 spots in front of seat riser and 2 spots in back. All the same. Fyi,i am measuring a fastback But it should be the same.“

Awesome. Thanks so much. Gonna try and get this sucker welded in completely this weekend so I can start finding the seats I want.

Comment

• Thanks everyone. That helps. I pulled the floor in again to try and drill all of the holes. Then lol get it back in again and get to welding the spots. Worst thing ever lol. I’m so tired of spot welds

Comment

• Holy spot welds Batman.....

The drivers seat platform is lining up pretty good. The passenger was a little bit off. But I couldn’t get the floor pulled over to the right more. But I think it’ll be perfectly fine. Everything say In mice and seems to fit well, the trans tunnel came up nice and attached to the tunnel good. I’m pretty excited that it’s now in. I’m gonna weld in the seat platforms hopefully tomorrow or Sunday. Should be awesome

Comment

• This car got real lucky. Nice work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                                This car got real lucky. Nice work.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X