Wisconsin education

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin education

Two-thirds of the eighth graders in Wisconsin public schools cannot read proficiently according to the U.S. Department of Education, despite the fact that Wisconsin spends more per pupil in its public schools than any other state in the Midwest.

In the National Assessment of Educational Progress tests administered by the U.S. Department of Education in 2009—the latest year available—only 32 percent of Wisconsin public-school eighth graders earned a “proficient” rating while another 2 percent earned an “advanced” rating. The other 66 percent of Wisconsin public-school eighth graders earned ratings below “proficient,” including 44 percent who earned a rating of “basic” and 22 percent who earned a rating of “below basic.”
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/two-...-school-8th-g#
    class joke
    {
    private:
    char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
    double Peas, Carrots;
    string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
    };

It's no coincidence that states with unionized educator's have some of the lowest test scores in the nation. The irony is that the teacher's are screwing themselves. They are shills for the democratic party because their dues are going straight to the coffers of Obama and his ilk. It's time to pay the piper, and the American people are "the piper".

Comment

When you can't be fired and get paid great, why try? They ought to be performance based. If your kids come out stupid, you get the axe.

Comment

we should get some of our classified posters to "sale" them some books
        pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

public education in this country is a joke its manipulated and watered down by politicians who want to imprint their social ideology onto the next generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannonball996 View Post
            public education in this country is a joke its manipulated and watered down by politicians who want to imprint their social ideology onto the next generation.
            But its still wrong to take away those teacher's entitlements right?

Comment

...damn tell us how you really feel...
              Originally posted by grove rat
              shiiiiiit.. i love em thick

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                But its still wrong to take away those teacher's entitlements right?
                actually I think some of those teachers might actually benefit from being able to negotiate their contracts individually.

Comment

actually I think some of those teachers might actually benefit from being able to negotiate their contracts individually.
                  Why the sudden change of heart? Not even a week ago you were screaming from the rooftops that the state should go broke paying them....

I think the STATE will most definitely benefit from negotiating contracts individually. Sounds like two-thirds of them need to be fired, out on their ass, serving up french fries for a living.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    Why the sudden change of heart? Not even a week ago you were screaming from the rooftops that the state should go broke paying them....

I think the STATE will most definitely benefit from negotiating contracts individually. Sounds like two-thirds of them need to be fired, out on their ass, serving up french fries for a living.
                    a week ago I posted that it was wrong to not pay these people what was promised, now these people are willing to give up that money and even more in order to keep their union.

if these teachers quit letting these unions negotiate a flat pay rate, then those quality teachers that do a good job can actually go in and negotiate higher paying contracts on their own.

Comment

The problem is, the people didn't want that. It was corruption that got them what they were paid. Even if it was promised, it was against the will of the people and it was nothing but closed door politics that got them all their pay and benefits. Does all that mean nothing to you? I guess you don't care if the people get shit on, as long as a select few can get paid.

Comment

Anybody know what the rating is in Texas? Being that most students in public schools cannot read or write in English or count to 10 without using their fingers and toes

Comment

Originally posted by otrtruckpro View Post
                          Anybody know what the rating is in Texas? Being that most students in public schools cannot read or write in English or count to 10 without using their fingers and toes
                          I'm not sure what the rating is, but your statement is false. Oh wait, you were just trying to be sarcastic... I get it. Here is my laughing smiley

Comment

a week ago I posted that it was wrong to not pay these people what was promised, now these people are willing to give up that money and even more in order to keep their union.

if these teachers quit letting these unions negotiate a flat pay rate, then those quality teachers that do a good job can actually go in and negotiate higher paying contracts on their own.
                            Are you still hung up on that shit? Look, dude. They can "promise" all they want. They can also adjust. Since we are talking about work that hasn't been done yet, either side can walk away.

"Oh look, the state agreed to these terms. I'm guaranteed to get this deal from now to the end of time, no matter what. If I don't like it, I can strike and force my terms on them. If they don't like it, well, they're fucked."

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                              Are you still hung up on that shit? Look, dude. They can "promise" all they want. They can also adjust. Since we are talking about work that hasn't been done yet, either side can walk away.

"Oh look, the state agreed to these terms. I'm guaranteed to get this deal from now to the end of time, no matter what. If I don't like it, I can strike and force my terms on them. If they don't like it, well, they're fucked."
                              I'm so thankful I live in a "right to work" state. It really just cuts through all the bullshit. It's also a huge reason that Texas is surviving this tough-ass time our country is going through.

Comment

Working...
                              X