And the best stockpickers are...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the best stockpickers are...

my fellow equity analysts. My group was actually the #1 rated group at Jefferies, the #1 rated firm. This is huge for us, hookers and blow tonight!

NEW YORK--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Jefferies today announced that it has been ranked #1 in U.S. stock picking in the 2011 Financial Times / StarMine broker rankings for equity research during the calendar year 2010.

Steven R. Black, Global Head of Equity Research at Jefferies, commented, “We are delighted that the Financial Times / StarMine has named Jefferies as best in class for providing our clients with valuable investment ideas. Over the last several years, we have expanded and enhanced our equity research capabilities, adding experienced and highly regarded professionals, and increasing our coverage of European and Asian companies. This ranking underscores our commitment to providing our clients with global insights based on our analysts’ extensive industry knowledge, in-depth company analysis and an emphasis on idea and information sharing across sectors and geographies."

Jefferies has nearly 70 senior equity research analysts in the U.S., Europe and Asia, covering more than 1,000 companies in the areas of Aerospace & Defense, Business Services, Clean Technology, Consumer, Energy, Financial Services, Gaming, Leisure & Lodging, Healthcare, Industrials, Maritime, Media & Entertainment, Real Estate, Technology, Telecommunications and Utilities.

StarMine analyzes the performance of eligible brokers over sets of stocks by measuring the returns of their buy and sell recommendations and by the accuracy of their earnings estimates. These scores are then aggregated to determine a final overall score for each broker. In order to be included in the Broker Rankings, eligible firms must cover at least 25% of the S&P 500 Index.

Jefferies Group, Inc. (NYSE: JEF), a global securities and investment banking firm, has served companies and investors for nearly 50 years.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Fuckin' A man!! Good on y'all!!

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
      Fuckin' A man!! Good on y'all!!
      Thanks man. It is huge for us. The counterintuitive thing about something like this is, our TMT Analysts are now getting poached away like crazy and I'm not 100% sure of my group's prospects. I'm also spending the night studying instead of celebrating.
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
        Thanks man. It is huge for us. The counterintuitive thing about something like this is, our TMT Analysts are now getting poached away like crazy and I'm not 100% sure of my group's prospects. I'm also spending the night studying instead of celebrating.
        ...which is exactly why you're with a top-rated firm! Congrats!

Comment

Just keep up the studying and this can be you one day.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
            Just keep up the studying and this can be you one day.
            MBA and 2 levels of CFA down...one more to go! Just finished study session 12 of 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
              ...which is exactly why you're with a top-rated firm! Congrats!
              Thank you sir!

Comment

Kudos to you man, it's nice to see the hard work and diligence pay off for someone.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                  Kudos to you man, it's nice to see the hard work and diligence pay off for someone.
                  Thanks man. It certainly was a long, arduous couple of years, but things are really looking good.

Comment

MBA and 2 levels of CFA down...one more to go! Just finished study session 12 of 18.
                    You know you're fucking nuts, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                      You know you're fucking nuts, right?
                      Yes. What can I say, I actually enjoy the material.

Comment

Yes. What can I say, I actually enjoy the material.
                        That's living the dream (if you have to work) by doing something you enjoy and making a good living at it. Congrats man.

Comment

I guess even a blind squirrel stumbles across a nut once in a while...

jk, congrats man. Glad you're still enjoying it, and keep up the good work!
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Congratulations! If people are leaving, just look at it as an opportunity for you to move up or into their position.

Comment

Wouldn't expect any less bro!
                              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
                              X