No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard from MikeC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEB, we are both seeing signs where there may or may not have been signs. He was looking for help on a job as he posted a few times looking for someone who could do work without stepping through a ceiling. Said, if you step through, you don't get paid. Very well could have been about that. I talked to him just 2 weeks ago and everything seemed fine. I invited him out for some BBQ and relaxation, but he said that he already had plans to go out of town and was looking forward to some fishing. When he left for the lake, I had 0 indications that anything was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
      I'm really saddened to hear this. Even though you didn't always agree with him, he had a giving heart and wouldn't hesitate to help anyone. We had a number of conversations about building furniture with hidden compartments after he saw the furniture my girlfriends dad made me. He loved his wood working and loved to build and we bounced ideas off of each other about several projects. Mike was the guy to not just go the extra mile but the extra ten miles to help someone out. When that tree fell on my buddies house a few months back and I was looking for a chainsaw, Mike offered to rent one and bring it out to Arlington to help out. By that time I'd found one in North Richland Hills but it was the thought that counts.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends that are grieving over his loss. He doesn't have to fight those demons any longer. And I hope his boys know how much of a giving person he was.

Rest easy Mike.
      Describes him well. He wanted to help out as many people as he could.

Comment

• I went ahead and updated the Memorial thread, I just posted his name as Mike Christiana, if that info is not correct, let me know and I'll fix it, thx...'H'
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• When someone passes, especially under such circumstances there are always questions and "what if's" from those they left behind. It was that way with Luis, Nate and others before them. We all want to believe that we have that chance to influence a decision or change a situation.

You can drive yourself crazy seeing images in the mist. Sometimes its just mist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            I went ahead and updated the Memorial thread, I just posted his name as Mike Christiana, if that info is not correct, let me know and I'll fix it, thx...'H'
            you always have problems with gringo last names - Christina vs Christiana

Comment

• Originally posted by Binky View Post
              you always have problems with gringo last names - Christina vs Christiana

It's Christiana.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Binky View Post
                When someone passes, especially under such circumstances there are always questions and "what if's" from those they left behind. It was that way with Luis, Nate and others before them. We all want to believe that we have that chance to influence a decision or change a situation.

You can drive yourself crazy seeing images in the mist. Sometimes its just mist.
                My Pops (grandfather) was like my real dad. He was always getting sick and everytime he was at the VA hospital everyone always said he was on his death bed. Sometimes he was very sick and other times he was not. The last time he was at the hospital here in Plano, my wife went to see him without me, when she got back she said Pops asled for you and wants to talk, I was like "OK, I'll go tomorrow".
                Well he died that night and I didn't get to see him again, it fucked with me for years...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  My Pops (grandfather) was like my real dad. He was always getting sick and everytime he was at the VA hospital everyone always said he was on his death bed. Sometimes he was very sick and other times he was not. The last time he was at the hospital here in Plano, my wife went to see him without me, when she got back she said Pops asled for you and wants to talk, I was like "OK, I'll go tomorrow".
                  Well he died that night and I didn't get to see him again, it fucked with me for years...
                  I can sympathize with your feelings now! Mike was a very emotional guy and I truly think had he called one of us he might be with us still today!
                  GOD BLESS TEXAS
                  August Landscaping
                  214-779-7278
                  Seb's high class.
                  He'll mow your grass.
                  He'll kick your ass.
                  And while his kidney stones pass,
                  He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

• So incredibly sad. Ironically, I've never even met him.. We chatted briefly a few weeks ago, he seemed quite happy overall but alluded to some issues brewing with the ex/kids. He seemed to absolutely adore his boys. RIP....

Comment

• I am sure that was rough man. Most of my family is still up in Nebraska while I live here. I was loading up the car when my Grandmother passed, I was at work when I got the word that my dad passed, and I was here and was unable to make it home in time for the funeral when my only brother passed earlier this year. I agree it can mess with you for a long time. Each time, it significantly changed something about me.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        It's Christiana.
                        Well SOB. I'd been misspelling his name for years. I did try to check FB but the profile was removed.

Comment

• Don't know if it's been posted, but if anyone care's to say goodbye:

"Mikes memorial service will be this Thursday, January 1st, 2015 at Noon at the Lone Star Cowboy Church, 543 West FM 6, Nevada, TX 75173"

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            Don't know if it's been posted, but if anyone care's to say goodbye:

"Mikes memorial service will be this Thursday, January 1st, 2015 at Noon at the Lone Star Cowboy Church, 543 West FM 6, Nevada, TX 75173"
                            Yes, SEB is organizing a meet up for those who need help finding it in Rockwall.

Comment

• Here is the link to the Car n Coffee MikeC Memorial Meet! Look foward to seeing you guys there

I would like to have a Car meet at HOME DEPOT 765 East I-30 Rockwall, TX 75087 (214)779-7278 @ 10:30 Thursday Morning memorial gtg in honor of Mike Christiana. I know we had over 100 members show up at his house to see the fight between JKD and I and Adam n I. I hope we as a board represent just as well with a fallen brother.
                              GOD BLESS TEXAS
                              August Landscaping
                              214-779-7278
                              Seb's high class.
                              He'll mow your grass.
                              He'll kick your ass.
                              And while his kidney stones pass,
                              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

• May he rest in peace

Met him once, seemed like a nice person

Comment