Work shoe recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work shoe recommendations

What do you guys recommed for actual work shoes? I finally got a job after the covid lay-off, and I'm pounding concrete all day at work ( 15,000-20,000 steps). My feet are absolutely killing me. I've had an almost strictly office job for the last 15 years. Now I have an office / warehouse supervisor roll and my feet kill.

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    What do you guys recommed for actual work shoes? I finally got a job after the covid lay-off, and I'm pounding concrete all day at work ( 15,000-20,000 steps). My feet are absolutely killing me. I've had an almost strictly office job for the last 15 years. Now I have an office / warehouse supervisor roll and my feet kill.
    Depends on what you want. I am assuming steel toe. Do you like lace up or slip on? Western style? Low or high rise? Can’t go wrong with Red Wing.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      Depends on what you want. I am assuming steel toe. Do you like lace up or slip on? Western style? Low or high rise? Can’t go wrong with Red Wing.
      Steel toe doesn't really matter, but not a bad idea. Comfort a durabilty is my main concern. I'd like them to look as much like a typical shoe as possible. There's a red wing store over by where I live. I'll stop on in and see what they have. I thought they only did work boots for some reason.

Thanks.

Comment

They have all sorts of work boots. I didn’t know you wanted more of a shoe though. Honestly if you are going to be around heavy equipment and concrete I’d want a work boot and steel toe at that. Last longer and better protection.

Comment

They have all sorts of work boots. I didn’t know you wanted more of a shoe though. Honestly if you are going to be around heavy equipment and concrete I’d want a work boot and steel toe at that. Last longer and better protection.
          Just a loading dock with one fork lift. I destroyed my new balance shoes in like a month walking around trying to stop things from fucking up before they started.

These look pretty promising.
          This lightweight and flexible oxford with electrical hazard and non-metallic safety toe protection delivers big on comfort and style in Brown Rosetto leather. Shop Now At Red Wing Shoes.

Comment

i've worn wolverine wedge sole lace ups for years. brand does not really matter but the soft wedge sole really helps on concrete .

W08289

Comment

Here’s a wild idea. If you don’t need a lot of protection and are just wanting comfort, get a hiking shoe, like a Merrill. I mean those are made for being on your feet for long periods of time in all sorts of terrain.

Comment

I've had these for several years and they have been durable, and decent as far as comfort goes. I did put better insoles in them when I bought them, I didn't like the factory set.

https://www.skechers.com/men/shoes/w...sr/200000.html

Edit: The only reason i need a shoe like this is i am required to wear a steel toe in the warehouse, or in one of our shops.
                Last edited by cool cat; 12-02-2020, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Here’s a wild idea. If you don’t need a lot of protection and are just wanting comfort, get a hiking shoe, like a Merrill. I mean those are made for being on your feet for long periods of time in all sorts of terrain.
                  That's why I came here for recommendations. Wild fucking ideas. However, hiking and walking on hard ass concrete all day are not nearly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    That's why I came here for recommendations. Wild fucking ideas. However, hiking and walking on hard ass concrete all day are not nearly the same.
                    I tried! 😬

Comment

I tried! 😬
                      Your efforts were appreciated.

Comment

Ariat workhog xt h2o carbon toe. Light weight, water resistant, comfortable for long days without having to add insoles. I get about 2 years out of a pair as pipeline operator used on tile, concrete, asphalt, packed limestone, loose rock, and dirt. When i worked in a factory standing 8-10 days I used wolverine lace steeltoe ups with metatarsal they were not as comfortable as the Ariat.

Comment

I use Costco adidas and they’re comfortable and cheap enough to replace every couple months..
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

I’d say get some tennis shoe style work boots. I’ve worn the Red Wings 6338 style and they were comfortable but aren’t water proof which is why I wear a tall lace up boot now. The tennis shoe style are a lot lighter and most have a composite toe for safety.

Comment

I'm currently rocking some green Doc Marten hightop boots, but my work environment is a little different. I'll just be glad when they're broken in so the leather stops squeaking.

Comment

Working...
                              X