Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those that hire CPA to figure taxes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that hire CPA to figure taxes.

Quick question for those that hire a CPA to figure your taxes. What are you paying (approximately)? We have used the same company for years and got the bill today. I understand it is more than H&R Block.....but should it really be well north of $1500 to figure a persons taxes.

Pattymelt has to pay for his lambo and mansion.

Comment

Just wish I would have opened that before they closed for the weekend. I wanted to ask the guy if I was paying for girlfriends apartment or something. Livid is an understatement.

Comment

My guy charges $450.

Comment

I think it is more technical then that. The wife and I, she is contract labor and she had pre covid side gig where we claimed a home office for first aid ( It is still set up!). Last year was 185.00 but the lady just likes doing them for employees. Three years ago, I took them to a place in Duncanville and they were not high either. Like 50.00 or 75.00 for doing the basics since we both had normal jobs then, like 225.00 for some extras, walk in and walk out. My mom has a corporation/35 warehouses or something and I think it was 1100 last year maybe 1500 the year before and that pissed her off.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I use a CPA in New Orleans and they advise me not only tax matters but general business things as well. I have used them for over ten years. My wife runs a travel agency out of the house and I invest in the stock market so we have a somewhat complicated return in some years. This CPA helped her get a PPP loan this last year and routinely goes above and beyond. He only charges $650 a year. I can't see $1,500 a year unless you are involved in things that get really complicated.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

350 for our personal return.. I do some random side jobs that I report too is why we use a cpa
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

$1500? Hard pass, fuck that.
                I've been paying $350 for personal and $375 each for two LLCs, one of which is a single owner and the other is a partnership for a franchise that has its own accounting challenges.

Comment

250.00 this year but it was simple as I didn't do any outside jobs this year. Thanks Covid.

Comment

$450 at tax time in Frisco. Mine are relatively complicated, multiple 1099’s on top of normal w2, itemized. They do a good job. Alcohol while you wait.
                    2012 GT500

Comment

I paid $500 this year, the first time I haven't done our's myself. Didn't make any difference except for costing me an extra $500.

Comment

I hired a CPA for the first time this year due to complexity of my return and it cost $400. I suspect their charges are related to how much work actually needs to be done. It is cheap insurance in case you get audited.

Comment

1040EZ ftw!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

First time to hire one this year due to some increased complications in our taxes due to company equity comp, dividends, capital loss etc. She charged us $750 and our filing is relatively complex compared to the norm.
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

We pay $350 and that's for married filing separate, a 1099, 1 solely owned LLC side business and a rental property.

Comment

Working...
                              X