2023 Z06 unveiled today - want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Z06 unveiled today - want

Confirmed getting the 5.5L flat plane V8 derived from the C8-R - 670 hp / 460 ft-lbs, 8800 rpm redline, 8 speed dual clutch auto.
    Highest horsepower naturally aspirated V8 to ever go in a production car.

Deep dive here:

Jump to 9:23 and 11:17 for the sound everyone wants to hear

Last edited by Strychnine; 10-26-2021, 07:51 PM.

That's cool as hell, but it'll be 2028 before you can get your hands on a used one under $100k I bet. Start saving now.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

every dealer that sold their first c8s at sticker are mad as hell, and still mad.

the people that actually got their car, if they chose to, sold them for nearly twenty more than they had paid.

no way way they are making that mistake again. market adjustments coming to a dealer near you.

you cannot even get a tahoe for sticker now. everything i have seen is marked up five to six thousand.

Comment

I'm #2 at a local-ish dealer at sticker for the C8 Z06. Of course, I'll 100% believe it when the car is in my driveway, but I'm optimistic as this is a smaller town, actually ethical dealer. Fingers crossed. CANNOT WAIT.

P.S. Don't ask which dealer because NFW I'm saying as I don't want to jinx anything.
        Ford
        GM
        Toyota
        VAG

Comment

I wouldn't say either man, and I'm pulling for you on this one but I really don't see any dealer selling ANY car at sticker any time soon. These chip shortages are going to last a lot long I think.

Stevo

Comment

Was at the Toyota dealer the other day.

A new Tundra had a $5,000 upcharge for market adjustment. $50k total
            Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

I just can't get into this european direction they're going in. I wanted to like vettes, tried... can't. If it wasn't for the styling I'd really want one cause I like all the rest for the most part.
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                I wouldn't say either man, and I'm pulling for you on this one but I really don't see any dealer selling ANY car at sticker any time soon. These chip shortages are going to last a lot long I think.
                I got a reservation for the '22 Sierra Denali Ultimate half-ton through this dealer too and I'm not 100% sold on an $80k minor updated (besides much nicer interior) Sierra, but I might be able to use that as a bit of leverage as juice with this dealer and go through with buying the Sierra through the dealer along with the Z06. Small town dealers are more relationship building and not always looking for a quick buck in weird times and they don't currently mark up any of their vehicles, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

He said he'd let me know when they get their Z06 allocations, he was hoping for at least 5, and I can finalize my order with them. At that point, I will have him confirm in writing an MSRP deal so there is no misunderstanding.
                Ford
                GM
                Toyota
                VAG

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post

There will come a point when dealerships are begging for help, bailouts, and the public to save them. I look forward to reminding them of the cocksuckery they participated in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    There will come a point when dealerships are begging for help, bailouts, and the public to save them. I look forward to reminding them of the cocksuckery they participated in.
                    If I see them drowning I will throw them a brick painted like a flotation device.

Stevo

Comment

Don’t worry, I’m sure the government is more than willing to shell out your hard earned tax money to help them out again. After all them and Unions have a deal.

Comment

My gosh that chick is annoying.

It should be a bad ass car, will probably be to rich for my blood. That and my old ass can't seem to get out of them very easily.
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Wharz tourques? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I am most blown away by the engine. Everything about it is impressive. The way it scavenges oil and keeps the block at 80hPa, the velocity stacks that give a slightly pressurized air charge, the titanium bits...... just such a cool engine. 5 cams is a bit much though. I am surprised they didnt use a pushrod setup off the intake cam to drive the fuel pumps instead of giving them their own cam........ wonder if "camming" a fuel pump will become a thing. LOL

Damit, I forgot how to embed a video on here LOL

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post

I'm considering paying $5k less than sticker on a 2020 truck with 11k miles, so $5k more for a new one seems about right.

Comment

Working...
                              X