No announcement yet.

Anyone protest property tax??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burleson, not in city limits. Off of county roads.

CN

Comment

I think our next appraisal is next year, right when home values are at their highest in Colorado. On one hand, I owe 340K on a home I bought for $458K and is now valued at over $600K. On the other hand, I think I’ll see a pretty dang big bump in taxes.

I’d like to sell and use the funds to build my cabin in the mountains but I need to stay here and keep my son in a school system that does really well with his autism. So I think we’ll be here at least 10 more years. But, at least I bought the mountain property when it was still cheap. I got it for $17K and I’ve had a cash offer of $32K.

Comment

if you just refi then show them the closing statement page. Did you have a appraisal done in the refi? If so the closing statement will be all you need.

Comment

Old hail damage on our metal roof was my tact... with roughly $60K to replace the roof, they knocked off $28K of the appraised value.

Better than nothing but it's an exercise in frustration dealing with the local appraiser office each year.

mardyn

Comment

I filled out the online form this year and offered $100k less than their proposed value of $450. It accepted instantly and I’m good to go. Not sure if they are backed up due to Covid and just said fuck it.

Comment

you should protest every year, even if its just to accept their automatically generated counter offer.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                you should protest every year, even if its just to accept their automatically generated counter offer.
                this is exactly what one of the board members told me years ago . he also said to lie my ass off

Comment

Here in TN it's every 5 years. Mine just went up 55%.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                    Here in TN it's every 5 years. Mine just went up 55%.
                    god damn. i know the 10% yearly cap is bad, but really hard to budget for massive uncapped swings like that twice a decade.

Comment

god damn. i know the 10% yearly cap is bad, but really hard to budget for massive uncapped swings like that twice a decade.
                      That’s how gentrification happens.

Comment

when 24 acres pops up at 599k you know your fucked . land has gone up 5k an acre in just 6 months . scary as hell. people are running from the cities and paying outrageous prices for rural land . i'm beginning to think i'm not far enough out .

Comment

Out here they pretty much only care about what the comps are selling for not what a bank will loan.

Comment

No doubt. My warehouse is up 70% in last 10years.

I'm farm also. If I wasn't on large acreage I'd be paying more actually.

We've seen 1 acre lots go from $60k to $120k in 3 years. Running out of land close to Nashville. Only going to get worse. This area won't be affordable unless you like town home living.

Comment

the way to fight comps is to argue value . a piece of land with river frontage is far more valuable than one without .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                                the way to fight comps is to argue value . a piece of land with river frontage is far more valuable than one without .
                                Couldn't you say it's less valuable due to flooding hazard? Now you have to carry flood insurance.
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X