Kansas Frito-Lay workers join growing strike wave of US workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
    The prosecutor in the case was cited for fabricating evidence.
    Why would he do that? Everyone always thinks they're all "in on it" together, this thread is a good example of that. So why would the higher ups and their government lapdogs ever want to harm that particular cash cow?
    WH

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      Guess you never heard of ENRON???
      I sure did hear of Enron and I also followed the legal cases that sprouted out of Enron's collapse. Had regulators left Enron alone Enron would still be in business today and quite profitable.

Do you know anything about the criminal prosecution of Enron and its executives? It was completely made up. The prosecutor in the case was cited for fabricating evidence.[/QUOTE]

My buddy worked for Enron for a while and had probably 750k in stock with them. We worked for competitor companies when I was in sales but he was good dude, and we worked sets all the time when new merchandise came in. He bragged all the time about not needing to work. I saw him a few years later and he was working two jobs. What a fucking he took.

Seriously though on Frito Lay, Bairds Bread, I think Bordens milk, and a few others, at one time those guys bought their routes I think based on seniority, had ownership in the actual product, made as much money as they could, the more they could push displays and promotions. All of those companies sold out and shit changed in a hurry. I had 12 years in sales and retail before my current profession, and my dad had 30 some odd years in grocery retail, he was a VP at one point then the company dissolved. Lots of folks scratching each other backs. A lot of that ended also after I got out right before they bit it. No more free trips to mexico, shit showing up on the doorstep, huge bonuses.........Hell I can't remember the amount of times we were in a booth somewhere, hanging out with Jerry Jones, Emmitt Smith, John Force, Reba McIntyre etc. That money came from somewhere and usually the businesses just write it off. Retail/ Sales use to pay decent and had fantastic perks. None of that has kept up with inflation unless you are somewhere near the top.

Also, as much fuckery as I have seen with retirements, none of that is 100 percent reliable anymore. You better have your own money, just in case. Think of all the big companies that bit the dust and people lost all of their retirements thinking they were going to be around forever. That's why golden parachutes are bullshit. The rich just taking care of the rich.

Not really a rant, just my general observations. There are a lot of folks that have done well on their own in the US, but a lot of these self made millionaires did not just grow up in a regular old middle class household. Somewhere, someone, either already had some change, or had a buddy. Any buddy want to buy some Biden art, or work for a non profit charity their parents own? Chelsie Clinton getting 650k a year to work for a paper and wrote one article. That shit runs rampant everywhere. Crazy I tell you.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
          [YOUTUBE]NtXprCW45TUBE]
          Last edited by Gasser64; 07-18-2021, 07:14 PM.
          WH

Comment

Anne Hathaway... Anne.... Frank? Dat's a hidin' bitch ain't it?

Had me in stitches!

Comment

Originally posted by threefortytwo View Post
              Anne Hathaway... Anne.... Frank? Dat's a hidin' bitch ain't it?

Had me in stitches!
              hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                This is true for a lot of companies.

The other problem that I see a lot is that the old fucks at the top absolutely will not leave. They will work until they are 80 and have to be hauled out by the funeral home. I think the next big recession will cure a lot of this particular issue.
                They say the largest transfer of wealth the world will ever see if when Baby boomers finally give up the reigns.

They say 70+ and older in the US have amassed 35+ trillion dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                  They say the largest transfer of wealth the world will ever see if when Baby boomers finally give up the reigns.

They say 70+ and older in the US have amassed 35+ trillion dollars.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/older-a...py-11625234216
                  Don't forget to put a hell of a lot of the blame where it needs to go. Right on the government and their bullshit Federal Reserve Bank. They are printing money during the hottest economy in decades to recover from a recession that they created.

It is hard for me to hear any politician talk about wealth disparity when they are doing everything they can to perpetuate it. Don't offer me a solution when you won't even stop digging the fucking hole.
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    Don't forget to put a hell of a lot of the blame where it needs to go. Right on the government and their bullshit Federal Reserve Bank. They are printing money during the hottest economy in decades to recover from a recession that they created.

It is hard for me to hear any politician talk about wealth disparity when they are doing everything they can to perpetuate it. Don't offer me a solution when you won't even stop digging the fucking hole.

Well the marxist dems want it all to burn so they can attempt to switch things over to their mental retardation. The neolib dems just want whatever their corporate overlords tell them to want.

So I'm curious when this charade stops working on the common man, and he makes them stop. The "Market" and public opinion have far more power than any government, as that ancient japanese emperor points out. It would be nice to see those forces just topple everything you mentioned at some point.
                    WH

Comment

Working...
                    X