Ford getting ready to tell dealers to get ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford getting ready to tell dealers to get ****

Just like i predicted, Ford is using the coronavirus and slowdowns to have dealerships by the balls and i hope Jim Farley (CEO) just squeezes until they sound like choir boys.

Local dealers in the Hill country dont have a damn thing to sell. Fredericksburg Ford was down to one car for a few months..
    And after reading article, typical deal. Higher ups dont understand the real world. Thats not how Americans buy cars.. They want it now. This will pass
    Last edited by dcs13; 08-04-2021, 05:52 AM. Reason: added

Comment

They’re just coming a little closer to the Tesla model. Also, this is how things have worked in many other countries for a long time.

It’d be nice if this resulted in the death of dealer markups.

Comment

Be nice to be able to order budget vehicles too. e.g. Trucks in lower trim levels (just used for truck stuff), first cars for kids with lower options...etc.

Dealer service departments suck, so hopefully the provision things to use trusted shops local to the buyer.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          Be nice to be able to order budget vehicles too. e.g. Trucks in lower trim levels (just used for truck stuff), first cars for kids with lower options...etc.

Dealer service departments suck, so hopefully the provision things to use trusted shops local to the buyer.
          Watch them limit how low you can spec the trim level to keep pricing higher.

Comment

As long as Ford (and other manufacturers) tell dickhead dealers to not add ADM to ordered/reserved cars or they will cut their allocation to zip. Heard that story about Grand Prairie Ford screwing that lady out of her reserved Bronco. F those people.

Luckily, my dealer (Sewell) has been very honorable about my 1 of 250 reserved Blackwing Caddy. They are MSRP and would never even consider ADM especially on a reserved unit I did through the GM website right after the window opened. 250 sold out in less than 3 minutes apparently.

In short, reserving cars for a small deposit is actually pretty fun. I have a reservation on a launch edition Hummer EV SUV and also a Ford Lightning. Not sure if I get either of them, but it's a refundable deposit, so it's good to have the card in my back pocket if I decide to pull the trigger. Will make sure both dealers honor MSRP (or better) before placing official order though.
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

Originally posted by sgt beavis View Post
              they’re just coming a little closer to the tesla model. Also, this is how things have worked in many other countries for a long time.

It’d be nice if this resulted in the death of dealerships.
              ftfy

Comment

This is how it should be. Like the old days. Instead of going in and filling out a copo and sending it in you get online and do the same thing.

No more hunting through websites and lots to find the one that has 80% of the options you want in the color you want. Couple of clicks and you get the exact(or damn near depending on the fucking packages offered) vehicle you're looking for.

Price it, pay it, wait a couple of weeks and pick it up.

The packages need to go as well. Al-a-cart that shit.
                G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                  This is how it should be. Like the old days. Instead of going in and filling out a copo and sending it in you get online and do the same thing.

No more hunting through websites and lots to find the one that has 80% of the options you want in the color you want. Couple of clicks and you get the exact(or damn near depending on the fucking packages offered) vehicle you're looking for.

Price it, pay it, wait a couple of weeks and pick it up.

The packages need to go as well. Al-a-cart that shit.
                  I had a talk with someone that gave me a fair shake in how most of the packages work. Let me start off by saying I think packages suck. So here’s the skinny:

A: lots of options are tied to each other via their various electronics and control modules. So in order to get X, it actually requires Y and Z due to their networks. Which is irritating but it is what it is due to these highly intricate bells & whistles.

B: the assholes in marketing decided that a certain percentage of people getting X would also want Y and Z. They pre-allocate snd buy in gross volume to lower the pricing. They won’t “break up the set” because the outliers that want Package 15 overwhelmingly get it because of option X, so they would then be hard-pressed to sell their allocation of Y and Z without it.

It’s economics and I get it. Packages give the consumer more bang for their buck yadda yadda. I don’t know if we will ever see true ala carte from big manufacturers again.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                    I had a talk with someone that gave me a fair shake in how most of the packages work. Let me start off by saying I think packages suck. So here’s the skinny:

A: lots of options are tied to each other via their various electronics and control modules. So in order to get X, it actually requires Y and Z due to their networks. Which is irritating but it is what it is due to these highly intricate bells & whistles.

B: the assholes in marketing decided that a certain percentage of people getting X would also want Y and Z. They pre-allocate snd buy in gross volume to lower the pricing. They won’t “break up the set” because the outliers that want Package 15 overwhelmingly get it because of option X, so they would then be hard-pressed to sell their allocation of Y and Z without it.

It’s economics and I get it. Packages give the consumer more bang for their buck yadda yadda. I don’t know if we will ever see true ala carte from big manufacturers again.
                    Gee sounds a lot like the cable and satellite television services scam.

Comment

It's that way in packages with the lariat. There is really no point in not getting the ultimate package, but on my 17 I had to get the full glass roof to get push button start. I didn't want the sunroof, but couldn't get push button without.

I'm ordering my next truck when the 2023 body change occurs.

Comment

The one thing a dealership is useful for is a test drive. Of course you have to be willing to accept the obligatory BS that accompanies it.

Comment

I've never purchased a new car or truck specifically due to this bullshit and I highly doubt I ever will.

Comment

A la carte is how I prefer to order vehicles. The last time I ordered a bunch the dealer let me pick and choose every option I wanted on my stripped-down Rangers. The five I bought were probably the only ones sold that had an oil cooler on them along with the heavy duty rear springs.

At the moment I'm trying to get some 2022 Tacomas ordered but would consider Fords if they didn't rape me on the price when I order a stripped-down fleet truck that somehow turns into a $46,000 F-150.
                            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

ford dealerships can get fucked

Comment

Working...
                              X