Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to hire someone to appraise my tools due divorce. Any recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to hire someone to appraise my tools due divorce. Any recommendations?

I went to asset mitigation yesterday and my ex claimed that my tools are worth $100k. So, now I get to hire someone to come out and appraise the tools in my service truck and my shop. Do any of y'all know someone that you would recommend? This damn divorce has me pretty strapped for cash so Im hoping to find someone affordable because I'm broke asf.

she's taking you to the cleaners?

Comment

I pinged a buddy, if I hear back I'll let ya know. He's out in the Burleson area.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
        she's taking you to the cleaners?
        Eh, yes and no. She get's the house, and half of my YouTube earnings on top of me paying $1k/month in child support. I valued my tools at $20k and she thinks there worth $100k+.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          I pinged a buddy, if I hear back I'll let ya know. He's out in the Burleson area.
          Thanks man!

Comment

Just hide them and say you lost them all or sold them for 1200. She can have 600 bucks.

Comment

Give them to a good friend as a gift. I’m sure you can figure out what to do later.

Comment

How does she know what tools you have? I would get a quote from a pawn shop; even if your tools were worth $100,000 the quote would only say $5,000. If you'd depreciated the tool purchase on your taxes you could also argue that the residual value is 0.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                  How does she know what tools you have? I would get a quote from a pawn shop; even if your tools were worth $100,000 the quote would only say $5,000. If you'd depreciated the tool purchase on your taxes you could also argue that the residual value is 0.
                  This is great advice. If you won a business and you haven't been depreciating your tools you need a better accountant.

Comment

I think the problem is she appraised your tool, and decided it was time to leave it.

Joking aside, good luck. Don't cut any corners, and don't do anything nice or beneficial for her. Fight tooth and nail.
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought this was DFWM.... I'll give oyu $3.50 and 2 JITB tacos for the lot. We can discuss you buying them back once things are settled.

J/K, good luck to you. Like stated above, do not help the enemy and keep records of all transactions and interactions. Even just jotting down notes if it's a FTF discussion, make notes as soon as it's over.
                      G'Day Mate

Comment

Pics of the soon-to-be-ex?

Comment

Do you have a business?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            Do you have a business?
                            Do you have 600 dollars??

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                              Do you have 600 dollars??