Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Kick ass!

Breaking Bad spin-off Better Call Saul is now shooting in Albuquerque, and, even before the first season has premiered, US cable channel AMC has renewed the show for a second. Now, according to co-creator and executive producer Peter Gould, the show – originally thought to be a straight prequel about sleazy lawyer Saul Goddman (Bob Odenkirk) – will jump around in time and could therefore feature more appearances from the likes of Bryan Cranston.

Talking to the New York Daily News, Gould explained the reasoning: “One of the great things about having a time line which is flexible is that perhaps some of it takes place before Breaking Bad, during Breaking Bad, and after Breaking Bad. That gives us the ability to bring back characters that were killed on the show.”

But while the chance to feature more of Walter White, Jesse Pinkman and other favourite characters alongside Saul is a tasty one, all involved – including Breaking Bad overlord Vince Gilligan – want the new series to live up to the original show.

“We want to make a show that stands on it own, is its own story and is a brand extension. “We think we have a story that is worth making. We could never dream of the kind of success that Breaking Bad had and the love we got from the fans. But with Saul at a certain point you have to do the best job you can and tell the best story that entertains you, get a good response and hope people like it.”

The first season will arrive next year, followed by the second in 2016, with Odenkirk as Saul and Jonathan Banks as fixer Mike Ehrmantraut, and Michael McKean will play a new character named Dr. Thurber.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=41426
    That's along the lines of what I was hoping for in this series. That's good to hear.

Comment

Sweet, I can't wait...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

February is right around the corner.

Comment

That has to be the weakest teaser I've ever seen.

Comment

They must like it, they already ordered a second season. It must have tested really well.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGsC_LO3oFY[/ame]

Comment

LMFAO, yes.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I see the show on my DVR, anybody watch it yet? I have not started it, probably wait for a few to pile up.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                    I see the show on my DVR, anybody watch it yet? I have not started it, probably wait for a few to pile up.
                    I thought the first episode wasn't until 2/8?

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                      I thought the first episode wasn't until 2/8?
                      I dunno, I see Better Call Saul on my DVR. I'll go check the Info on it, see what it says.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                        I dunno, I see Better Call Saul on my DVR. I'll go check the Info on it, see what it says.
                        It might be a preview or something.

Watch the latest full episodes and video extras for AMC shows: The Walking Dead, Better Call Saul, Killing Eve, Fear the Walking Dead, Mad Men and more.

Comment

Damnit, it is 3 minutes, some kind of intro to the show. Gotta wait longer!

It's the video in the link "Greetings from set" I remember that in the description on the DVR just now.

Comment

You had me worried I missed it! Thanks for the reminder, added to my DVR.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                              they couldn't let that big money die
                              normally id agree but i was a big fan of the saul character.

I'd want a guy just like saul in the event of a CCW debacle. Stupid prosecutors would never know what hit em
                              WH

Comment

This Sunday. Set the DVRs. The previews don't look that good to me, but I'll give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X