winnebago brave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winnebago brave

Neighbor has a I say 2004 winnebago brave. It has not run for about 6+/- years. I was asked elderly neighbor if I knew any that worked on winnebago and I don't. So I figured I would ask for some more help on here. They maybe planning on driving it to California when they move down there. They have no family here or any one else to ask beside just calling random places.
    I am jumping the gun for any contact info before I contact their daughter in California if they are going to drive the winnebago there. So, i ask if anyone knows or has some contact for someone to come out and overlook this rig and see if she is road worthy.

Thanks in advance

I'll save you the headache now and tell you that it's not roadworthy. If it hasn't moved for 6 years it needs every rubber part in the cooling system replaced along with the tires and the battery, along with a complete fluid change and flushing out the gas tank.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

^
      ^
      ^
      what he said. Even if you could get it started I wouldn't trust it to go more than a few miles before it left them stranded.

Comment

Hopefully it catches fire and is insured. Take the money
        and fly there...

It will not make it out of town. I worked in a Winny dealership
        in 1972.

Comment

locate a dealer and have them give you some advice

Comment

Big oof. I hate to say it, but that RV is probably not going to do anything anytime soon without major R&R work.

RVs and Boats are massive money sinks.

Comment

Ask them if they want to sell it. I'm a buyer for something like that but I want it really cheap given what it's going to take to get back on the road.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

It's either an F series with the V10 or a workhorse with the 8.1L I would say the powertrain is going to be fine on either one, both have solid engines and transmissions. If it's a W22 or W24 workhorse, the back brakes need to be inspected, because a seal can swell with water and lock up the rear brakes, ask me how I know.

6 year old gas is going to be very questionable on a long trip, so probably better to drain it, unless it was very low and can be filled with fresh. Tires are going to HAVE to be replaced, it's going to suck, but it's the number one thing that will leave you stranded on an RV. Beyond that, I would be checking the belts, hoses, and fluids, then send it.

Comment

I'd put tires on it, drain gas, and get it up to temp a couple cycles. Tires for certain!

Maybe coolant hoses. I've had machines sit a long time and never had a issue. I've got a 05 Ford diesel that is worked hard everyday on original hoses and belt at 160k miles. I actually think one of my mustangs from 91 still has originals hoses...

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                    Big oof. I hate to say it, but that RV is probably not going to do anything anytime soon without major R&R work.

RVs and Boats are massive money sinks.
                    Best two days, the day you buy it and the day you sell it

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                      I'd put tires on it, drain gas, and get it up to temp a couple cycles. Tires for certain!

Maybe coolant hoses. I've had machines sit a long time and never had a issue. I've got a 05 Ford diesel that is worked hard everyday on original hoses and belt at 160k miles. I actually think one of my mustangs from 91 still has originals hoses...

Your begging for trouble. I replace belts and hoses every 4 years.

On the other hand we had a customer at Rotary performance that has a 79' RX-7 that he bought new and plains to drive until the day he dies. That I know of the engine has been replaced 6 times and the car has over a million miles on it and it still has the factory original Bando brand fan belt. We kept reusing it just to see when it would fail.

Comment

Sounds like lots of advice telling you to run.

Not sure if “soap” still logs on here but iirc he used to restore stuff like this as a side gig.. maybe pm him and see if it’s worth the trouble to you or not
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Thanks all for advice and feedback. I need to ask them when it was actually parked and see about getting the keys to see what motor it does have.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                            Thanks all for advice and feedback. I need to ask them when it was actually parked and see about getting the keys to see what motor it does have.
                            Should say on the front drivers fender. Workhorse will be the 8.1L, V10 will be ford.

Comment

They don't call it Brave for nothing!

Comment

Working...
                              X