DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Home Improvement and Media

Home Improvement and Media Post up any home improvement, home audio, gardening, anything related to your house in here.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:39 PM   #21
lincolnboy
By da people fo da people

I no center just front and sub.
lincolnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:24 PM   #22
Big A
Lifer

You should still be able to balance the sound better, a center channel will simply change where the higher frequencies are coming from. You will still have "too much bass." Stereo mode shouldn't sound much different than out of a center channel, when configured properly, surround just gives better spatial clarity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Big A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:42 PM   #23
8mpg
Lifer

Im not running a center channel on my setup and its fine. Are your speakers set right in Audyessey? With a dedicated sub, the speakers should be set to small and you should have it set to run LFE, not LFE+mains. Also, your sub should be set to about 50% when you run Audyssey. The microphone will set the initial bass level which should be pretty good. I like bass heavy so I add more bass.
8mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:49 PM   #24
scootro
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
I got mine from 2 dudes in a van at the gas station. Their dumb ass boss ordered too many! I got a deal!
haha
scootro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:28 AM   #25
Chili
Joe Blow

BTW, I was suggesting the center channel just because it sounds better with one (IMO), not necessarily to do with the 'treble'. But maybe it's just because I'm used to it since we've been using the receiver / surround audio for so long now.

I also don't have floor speakers for the front, so that may make a big difference.
Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:56 AM   #26
8mpg
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
BTW, I was suggesting the center channel just because it sounds better with one (IMO), not necessarily to do with the 'treble'. But maybe it's just because I'm used to it since we've been using the receiver / surround audio for so long now.

I also don't have floor speakers for the front, so that may make a big difference.
Some swear by a center channel some dont. I have been running a "phantom" center channel in which the audio is merged from 2 mains to make the center channel and it sounds good. I took my old center channel out when I built these speakers because they do fine without and the center channel would block the tv some. So I guess it all depends on the setup.
8mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:19 AM   #27
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
I got mine from 2 dudes in a van at the gas station. Their dumb ass boss ordered too many! I got a deal!
Ha!
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
naynay will steal u some