Super Bowl food thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl food thread

Ok, who's making what? I have no idea yet.

Actually about to fire up the smoker now. Couple racks of memphis style baby backs, 2 boston butts, a turkey breast (store was out of chicken), and if I have enough room I'm going to do either a couple of thick ass pork chops, or a slab or two of bacon.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Actually about to fire up the smoker now. Couple racks of memphis style baby backs, 2 boston butts, a turkey breast (store was out of chicken), and if I have enough room I'm going to do either a couple of thick ass pork chops, or a slab or two of bacon.
      I thought about firing the smoker up, but thought it may be too cold. I'd like to do a brisket, and make some brisket egg rolls.

Comment

Originally posted by cbrjames View Post
        I thought about firing the smoker up, but thought it may be too cold. I'd like to do a brisket, and make some brisket egg rolls.
        I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm going to give it a shot. This was all planned prior to this shitty weather. Coldest it's been when I've smoked is about 40, previously. Hopefully it gets up near that today, and doesn't get too cold tonight. If worse comes to worse, I may pull it and finish off in the oven. We'll see where it's at around noon tomorrow.

Comment

Stock up on lots of wood is all i can say. It's going to be pretty cold tonight i'm sure.

I think i'll run mine on the smoker until about 8:00 tonight, and finish it all in the oven overnight.

Comment

Yeah, I picked up 4 cu. ft. yesterday. 2 pecan, 2 mesquite.

Comment

Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers-

Get your peppers ( the larger the better)
              Cook your spicy sausage then mix with melted velveeta.
              Split and gut jalapeno
              Stuff with your sausage and cheese.
              Dip whole pepper in onion ring batter,
              Then deep fry till they float.

Delish!
              "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
              http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
              Factory Five MK4 Cobra
              Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
              http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
              www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
              sigpic

Comment

We are doing subway-style sandwiches, dips/chips, stuffed peppers, etc. I told everyone that I wasn't cooking this time round, I want to drink some beer and watch for a change.

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

The ribs were glorious. Pretty damn fantastic. Pork was ok, wasn't my best but it certainly wasn't the worst. I'm sure I'm the only one that noticed though, everyone else said it was great. I don't know WTF happened, but they cooked too quick. Fire got slightly high, but it was for a very short amount of time. These things cooked in like 12 hours as opposed to the 24 or so that it normally takes.

Didn't end up doing chops or bacon. The turkey (first time smoking a turkey myself) was pretty damn tasty, I must say. It was juicy as hell, and lots of flavor. The skin was a tad on the salty side, but I just used Zatarain's blackening seasoning on the outside. I'll make up a poultry rub next time to correct that. All I did was inject with jalapeno butter, rub the outside with the blackening seasoning, and shove a Foster's up it's ass while it smoked.

Comment

Brent's right, the ribs were amazing, great bark, perfect tenderness in the bite, not so much the meat fell off the bone, but it didn't take a whole lot of effort either.

The pork was pretty damn good, but I have had better from him

The turkey was pretty awesome, but the short ribs were fucking amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      but the short ribs were fucking amazing!

We're going to play off that here in the near future, see what they can be if prepared properly. Jeremy decided to do those at the last minute, so we didn't have enough time to do them properly. And I think we can add a few things to improve as well. red pepper, sriacha, etc. That was sraight soy sauce and garlic powder.

Comment

Yeah, i changed my mind and didn't fire mine up. I just said screw it and grilled some burgers.

Comment

Working...
                        X