Investments and Brokerage Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    Yep, cheap, but God I learned to hate those bastards.
    why?
    i've sent them a few fun customer service emails about their stupid ass website and security settings.

no problems with trading though and that's about all that mattered when i made that account.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      ScotTrade doesn't clear their own trades. Same firm that clears for Zecco does.
      Not too many firms do.

Also, the low cost firms are typically getting paid for order flow.
      Originally posted by Denny
      I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn
        I have one at Merrill Lynch

mardyn
        Merrll Lynch=Bofa

If anyone doesn't know. Still get people calling and not understanding why we have those two names in our greeting.

Comment

I've been using Fidelity for several years now and I cannot say enough positive about them. Their site is outstanding, very intuitive, informative, etc. Their fees are competitive, and if you have a brokerage acct. they offer a lot of additional no-cost services as well. I have recently opened up a cash acct. with them as well, where they offer free electronic bill pay, no check or ATM fees, and they even refund ATM terminal fees that most other banks charge too.
          70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

I use E Trade. Had a BofA account but defunded it when they changed over.

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
              why?
              i've sent them a few fun customer service emails about their stupid ass website and security settings.

no problems with trading though and that's about all that mattered when i made that account.
              I used to be the head of the margin dept for the firm that clears for Zecco. Those guys couldn't process a trade upload if their lives depended on it. Fucked up positions, options, buy power, etc, to a ridiculous level. For a firm that does the amount of business they do, they were 10x the work of our other firms. Like I said earlier though, they do offer cheap trading.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

anyone use or have info on optionsxpress, i currently am using scottrade

Comment

I'm just getting into this stuff.I started investing with Vanguard.I shoulda started years ago!

Comment

I created a Scottrade account earlier last week and don't have any true complaints as of yet. The most important thing was the fees, investment tools and screeners. Scottrade has two of which I like but the charts don't impress me much. I am a visual person. It's how I do my trading, and Scottrade (for me personally) has a weird look to their charts ie the MACD/STO indicators. I was able to change the chart itself but haven't messed with it enough to see if their are settings for those.
                    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

yahoo finance is the charts that i use in conjunction with scott trade for trades and seeking alpha is an excellent site also

Comment

Working...
                      X