fish tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fish tacos

anyone got any good recipes for making fish tacos? I love the ones at on the border but when i stuck fish sticks in a corn tortilla, it just didn't really taste the same.

Originally posted by jasone View Post
    anyone got any good recipes for making fish tacos? I love the ones at on the border but when i stuck fish sticks in a corn tortilla, it just didn't really taste the same.
    lol the problem was fish sticks.

use a white fish and tempura batter. fry at the right temp and don't overcook it.
    add cilantro, lime, and pico de gallo on a corn tortilla.

i miss BerryHill at preston and frankford. they made a damn good fish taco.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

i've never had them there, are they fried fish or grilled?

Either way cook the fish just like you like to eat fish, then slice, and add to a warm steamed corn tortilla, add pico de gallo and lime juice.

Comment

Catfish is our special today. Would that be good on a taco?
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          i've never had them there, are they fried fish or grilled?

Either way cook the fish just like you like to eat fish, then slice, and add to a warm steamed corn tortilla, add pico de gallo and lime juice.
          i think they have them both. i prefer the grilled.

any particular fish i should use?

Comment

any white fish is probably your best bet, since that's what you are used to. I'm sure they were grilled Tilapia. You can get Tilapia anywhere, i just think it's kind of a crappy fish myself, but most people like it, and you have no class, so it should be perfect for ya

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
              any white fish is probably your best bet, since that's what you are used to. I'm sure they were grilled Tilapia. You can get Tilapia anywhere, i just think it's kind of a crappy fish myself, but most people like it, and you have no class, so it should be perfect for ya
              like school in the summer.

Comment

Here's how I make them at home.

Bake some tilapia filets. Tear them into pieces and add into soft corn tortilla, with tabasco chipotle sauce (key), fresh cilantro, diced onions and fresh lime juice. YUM

Comment

Originally posted by jasone View Post
                  like school in the summer.
                  No class!
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Hey do you guys like fishsticks?

What are you, a gay fish?

Comment

Comment

I like to either cook the fish on the grill or fry it in panko. For the fried fish, I just dredge in flour, dip in egg wash, then coat with Panko. You can season the flour with whatever kind of spices you want.
                        I make a jalapeno cilantro lime coleslaw that is badass on fish tacos. I'll post the recipe when I'm on my other computer that has it saved. I also love fresh pico de gallo on them.
                        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

coleslaw is a must

Comment

Lyn does not really like fish, except catfish and tilapia, so those are my fish choices. I heat a skillet with some olive oil, rinse the fish and coat it with Cajun Seasoning. Takes about 7-9 minutes or so to cook.

I use flower tortillas (the low carb kind for me) and add some cole slaw and thousand island dressing mixed with a little chipotle spice. Pretty easy to make, and taste good!

Comment

theres a place here in frisco called yucatan taco stand that makes some bad ass fish tacos. Ive also tried making them and they're just not the same LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X